Recipes to Live By - 味想天開 (2017)

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by shinobi, Dec 29, 2016.

1. [​IMG]

English Title:

Recipes to Live By

Chinese Title:
    味想天開

Genre:
    Ancient

Producer:
    Chong Wai Kin

Episodes:

Cast:
    Tony Hung
    Sisley Choi
    Hugo Wong
    Stephanie Ho
    Rebecca Zhu

Synopsis:
    Tony Hung (洪永城) is a natural-born culinary genius with a tongue that can distinguish a wide variety of flavors. He resents his adoptive father Ting Yat/丁日(Ram Tseung/蔣志光) for forbidding him from learning how to cook. After hearing about a culinary competition that will take place in Yangzhou, Ting Yat Shan promptly looks for Shek Yau/石柔(Sisley Choi/蔡思貝) to crossdress as a man to take part in the contest for him.

As a result, Ting Yat Shan gains recognition from well-known chef Hoi Siu Tin/蓋兆天(Hugo Wong/黃子恆). Henceforth, Ting Yat Shan teams up together with Hoi Siu Tin to come up with new interesting dishes, helping him winning the highest honor in the culinary world multiple times. With Ting Yat Shan and Hoi Siu Tin's rise to fame, the two also befriend those who chase after their own culinary dreams such as the daughter of the wealthiest man in town Tung Ming Yuet/董明玥(Stephanie Ho/何雁詩) and well-known chef Tai Ng Yuen/第五緣(Rebecca Zhu/朱晨麗)

Tung Ming Yuet has a crush on Ting Yat Shan, but Ting Yat Shan sets his heart on Shek Yau, who instead likes Hoi Siu Tin. For that reason, Ting Yat Shan decides to leave Hoi Siu Tin to start his own restaurant. However, things don't go according to plan. Ting Yat Shan falls victim to Shek Yau's ploy and ends up losing his sense of taste. As it turns out, Ting Yat Shan is a descendant of a famous chef. In order to reverse a verdict against his birth father, he pays the high price of becoming an enemy to his friends and family....

Airing January 2nd 2017 replacing Rogue Emperor 流氓皇帝

#1 shinobi, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tony and hugo as leads:sick:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ailyeric

ailyeric Well-Known Member

i'm still scratching my head how tony became a leading actor. i will skip this low budget drama lol

• Win! Win! x 1
  4. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

ditto, I skipped Rogue Emperor as well =P

5. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

My exact thoughts. They promoting Hugo now..?

Is Terry the producer/director? :kevin: Can't cast big names. But I never was a fan of food dramas

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. didnt cho lam do a similar series about food I was thinking of that one when i saw the trailer lol

7. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

The one with Roger and Joey Meng? Also Inspector Gourmet. I all skipped

8. [​IMG]

ben instead of roger

9. socialworker

socialworker Member

normally i can sit through mediocre dramas but this is utter rubbish

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1