Rain: "If I make it into the 100 Most Influential People

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by hadouken, Apr 25, 2006.

1. [​IMG]

"This is really unbelievable. The happiest person now must be father. He had my article in New York Times framed and hung up like the family heirloom. If I make it into the 'Times 100 Most Influential People', father will go back to our hometown and throw a banquet in celebration."

Rain is both a singer, and an actor by the name Jeong Jihoon. He is currently filming the movie "I'm a Cyborg, But It's Ok" in Pusan. He comments on his thoughts about being a nominee for "Times 100 Most Influential People".

Rain told Yonhap in his phone interview, "This is really incredible, being nominated alongside these great people. I'm really honored."

He went on to say, "The New York concert in February made some important impacts, and I've gained support from Asian fans in Korea, China, Japan, Thailand etc. I also want to thank JYP hyung who supported and groomed me four years ago when nobody knew who rain was, as well as General Manager of JYPE, Hong Sung Seong and Director Jung Wook, as well as all the agents and staff of JYPE."

Rain is nominated along with 9 other people including Chinese director, Ang Lee, China actress Zhang Ziyi, George Clooney, singer Daddy Yankee, author of Harry Porter J.K. Rowling for Times Magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World (Artistes and Entertainers category). Just being a nominee is enough to make Rain burst with happiness.

"Times magazine picks world-renowned people as candidates for this poll, I'm extremely happy to be nominated alongside all these great and famous people. After the New York Concert, I'm determined to marked today as the beginning. I'm going to do my Concert Tour in Asia this year, and I will prepare for it seriously. I heard Director Ang Lee is in the lead. I hope to achieve good results too."

Rain told this good news to his father. Rain's mother had passed away before he made his debut as a singer. His father has been taking care of him since.

"After NY Times reported on my story, father framed the article up and had it kept safely at home. He said that's the family heirloom. If I make it into the 100 Most Influential People, father will go back to hometown and throw a banquet in celebration. Since I got nominated by Times, father has been in high spirit."

Rain also expressed confidence in the movie "I'm a Cyborg, Is It Ok?", directed by Director Pak. He said, "I shall be appearing with a totally new image. My character in "A Love to Kill" was gloomy, but this time, it's different. This is because the content is like a fairytale; Parents and children can watch the film together. This is a film that expresses warmth and hope."

Credits: angel01

you can vote for'em here

http://www.time.com/time/2006/time100/walkup/poll/artists_entertainers.html

i voted for both but choose ang lee twice =P

3 asians on the list, the world is changing

2. *thumbs down*****