Purpose of Life?!?!

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by brown_bear, May 12, 2008.

1. iiimj4everiii

iiimj4everiii Well-Known Member

self-satisfaction i think

2. BestOffer

BestOffer Well-Known Member

to make others' life miserable XD

3. what if you were born into a poor family, both parents die while your still young, you got aids and life is tough? do such people have a purpose?

4. nimik221

nimik221 Member

The purpose in life? To sin and sin again. Pick up a bad habit and enjoy it.

5. z1llch

z1llch Member

to eat and sleep =D

6. DK - Drama King

DK - Drama King Active Member

According to Buddhism, life is nothing but suffering. Christianity and Catholics are about "one can kill and as long as you go confession before one dies (or get executed), Christ will forgive that sinful person!!!" The truth is, the purpose of life is to end life! In the name of survival, one eats dead bodies of animals. Some go through the exercise of hunting just to have fun! Many love meats but don't want to meet the cow that they are about to eat! I don't even know how many animals contributed to human survival. So, you tell me what's the purpose of life. The purpose of life is to end life!

7. fleur2jasmin

fleur2jasmin New Member

the purpose of life?! i guess it's born, enjoy your life, being sick and die. no regrets.

8. The fuck you talking about... I'm Buddhist and no where does it say one needs to suffer..

9. jenn.ee4

jenn.ee4 Member

Nowadays, there are many religions and beliefs in the world. So, as a Christian, my purpose is to live life glorifying God and sharing His gospel. Others may not agree with me but, it's up to your own discretion and choices. God gave us life on this world and the ability to make decisions for ourselves. Whatever you choose to do or believe in is up to you. :)

10. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

"God" loves homosexuals.

The bible is made up.

11. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

I agree, first true thing you accidentally said so far :xd:

Cool, hows that? you gota say more than that, if the bible is true... im guessing youll be in deep deep po poo so im guessing its within your best interest for it to be made up.. but.. hows it made up? :ohnoes:

veeely veeely interesting

12. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

http://twitter.com/jesus_m_christ

Come on, if you can believe there's some greater being that created everything, then I'll believe he's still alive and tweeting.

13. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

oh :trollface:

and thats your case for why you know for a fact it aint real.. oooooooo K. -out2

14. 96swong

96swong Member

Some people believe there is no purpose to life. In the famous poem 'City of Dreadful Night' by ... Thomson, his basic message is that we evolved from bacteria and primordial slime, and that there is nothing special about us.
    It's not my own belief, but Thomson, in the poem, disseminates the idea that we should either just live with it, or commit death upon ourselves. . .

15. Awareness

Awareness Active Member

Do you feel your heart beat? Would you like to have your heart keep on beating?
    Can you feel? I mean do you have feelings? Which by the way works EXACTLY the same way as some one in Oslow, in the Netherlands or in Canada for example. Would you like to be a mother/father? Or are you a mother/father? Do you have parents?
    Even when you take a step forward while you walking is even something to cherish.
    God gave you a soul, the beholder of your feelings, so use it.

#115 Awareness, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  16. Awareness

Awareness Active Member

Maybe you should go sky-diving Dan and only pull the cord up to the last most possible second, to get that I'm ALIVE feeling.
    Some just have only this option, it is sad really.

17. No. you completely misunderstood my point. :facepalm:

18. Awareness

Awareness Active Member

I know what you meant , live your life to the utmost , but guard your destiny.

I just wanted to add something, so " ma-af ".

19. Wrong. I meant live your life in a productive manner. Not live your life to the utmost.

20. Awareness

Awareness Active Member

Okay, wrong of me, productive manner it is, and I am trying to take care of my family and raise my children.

Is that productive for yourself or for the scociety?