Prison Break Season 5 2017

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by crasianlee, May 17, 2016.

1. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

It's time to break out again....

2. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Dam...did not expect them show to come back...thought he has some kind of terminal illness.

3. ailyeric

ailyeric Well-Known Member

woohoo!

4. crasianlee

Yeah there was 2 endings though, but both of them didn't really truly show his death. The terminal illness ending just shows them going to his grave but I think was after so many years later, so it could be before that or they'll come up with something and that it was all fake.

5. crasianlee

And it's on tonight here's some things to look forward too...

http://www.tvguide.com/news/prison-break-revival-season-5-preview/

Prison Break: Here's Everything You Need to Know About the Revival
    by Tim Surette | Mar 31, 2017 11:00 AM EDT

[​IMG]
    NOW PLAYING
    Prison Break: Dominic Purcell Explains How the Revival Came About

AD: 00:09
    You thought Prison Break was dead! You were wrong! (And you underestimated Fox's love of bringing back dusty franchises.)

Fox is reviving the action series for a one-off miniseries that begins Tuesday, April 4, so it's time to brush up on how to make a prison lighter. It's also time to figure out what's in store for the nine-episode revival, so let's go over the basics.

Here's everything you need to know to get ready for Prison Break's return.

1. Michael is alive
    Remember when Michael Scofield (Wentworth Miller) died in the direct-to-DVD film and we were all like, "NOOOOOOOOOO!" Well, psych! He's alive. Otherwise it wouldn't be Prison Break, right? The circumstances around his "death" will be essential to the revival, and they won't be revealed right away, so expect to stick around for the long haul to learn how the writers pulled this off.

2. There will (probably) be a prison break
    Look, it's the title of the show, so I don't think it's too much of a spoiler to say that someone is in prison and they try to break out.

3. It's set in a land far, far away
    American prisons? Been there, done that. The revival moves the action out of the relative comforts of Uncle Sam and into the turbulent region of the Middle East. Specifically, Yemen, where ISIS has caused civil war and one ugly, nasty prison houses some of the worst in the world. How did our gang end up there? That's a major part of Season 5's plot.

[​IMG]
    Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell; Prison Break

4. Don't expect too much from the first episode
    In a scenario like this where the "band has to get back together" after seven years apart, don't expect to dive right into the answers about how Michael is still alive. In fact, almost the entire first episode is devoted to catching up with our Prison Break pals as they learn that Michael is alive. It's a full reset of the series that establishes the new premise and setting rather than a quick dive back into the universe of the franchise.

5. The story follows The Odyssey
    Literary folks will notice several comparisons to the classic epic The Odysseyby Homer. Creator Paul Scheuring isn't bashful about the influences, going so far as to lift the names of places in the book for use in his show. For example, Sara (Sarah Wayne Callies) now lives in Ithaca, New York, and Odysseus was the king of Ithaca in the book. The general themes of the book also carry over, though I'm pretty sure the Greeks never named anyone T-Bag.

6. It's more like Season 1 than Season 4
    When looking at bringing the franchise back for a last(?) hurrah, Scheuring wanted to replicate the feeling of Prison Break's first season, which is considered by many to be the show's best. The basic idea of two brothers separated by prison bars is brought back for the revival.

[​IMG]
    Rockmund Dunbar, Prison Break

7. Familiar faces will be back!
    In addition to Michael, Lincoln (Dominic Purcell), and Sara, expect to see T-Bag (Robert Knepper), C-Note (Rockmond Dunbar), Sucre (Amaury Nolasco) and Kellerman (Paul Adelstein) returning for more prison-breaking action.

8. New faces will be there, too
    Mark Feuerstein (Royal Pains) joins the cast as a new man in Sara's life, and British actor Augustus Prew joins the series as well. You'll also meet a new fan favorite in Inbar Lavi's Sheba, a tough Yemeni activist who helps the crew out.

9. You don't have to watch the other seasons to follow along
    Because of its reset nature, there's no need to really be an expert on the original run of the series. Sure, it will help, and newbies won't get the same rush from seeing T-Bag for the first time, but the open-and-shut story stands on its own.

#5 crasianlee, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

Well seeing as it hasn't even aired in UK yet, but I will still watch it soooon hopefully..
    ~~

Show creator Paul Scheuring has confirmed that the revived show, starring Wentworth Miller, will be bowing out after the first series – unless someone else picks up his baton.

Why? Because he feels he’s run out of material.

‘I couldn’t tell you another story about this group of people. Maybe somebody else can, or by accident, I’ll somehow, possibly, dream up another prison escape that’s new and fresh, but I would bet against it,’
    ‘At the end, you’ll be like, “That was the dynamic. That’s what happened. And that’s how it was resolved. Wow!” There’s no over-hanging piece that will make you want to come back next year,’ he reassured.

Interestingly, he also revealed that he only signed up to season five of Prison Break, which also stars Dominic Purcell, because it was designed to end the story.

‘The reason I signed on to do this season was because I knew where the season ended. This thing was designed as a close-ended piece.’
    Cred: interview with Collider

~~

7. crasianlee

Nice. I saw and it still has that great PB chemistry. Dominic and Wentworth definitely play these characters better then there legends of tomorrow character. I don't know why they feel like need to grunt and sneer when playing super villains unless that's what the director wanted.

8. the new girl is hot lol the one with the accent

9. crasianlee

Sheba you mean? Yeah she's cool, this is basically "Prison Break out of ISIL/Middle East" but it's cool I love how they pretty much brought all the folks that were still alive in the show back. It would have been awesome if they some how brought back Bellick..

#9 crasianlee, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  10. [​IMG]

she has super model face.....queen sheba :rayger:

#10 shinobi, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  11. [​IMG]

this guy is in it lol from first fast and furious :yao:

12. ailyeric

she is the star of the new tv show imposters.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. crasianlee

Hmm that show sounds very interesting...I may have to watch it considering it's only 10 episodes and like shinobi says model material which I'm always down to watch ;)
    I knew he was in the FF movies I just didn't realize which one...

14. just saw the trailer for this shes gorgeous and no accent:adam:

show look dumb tho :kelefe:

15. crasianlee

Doesn't look like she gets enough sleep or something...dem bags under her eyes, just saying is all...=)

16. maybe busy doing alot of shows now :eliza:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ailyeric

i just finished season 1. it's actually not bad. it was renewed for season 2.

• Like Like x 1
  18. crasianlee

Haha that's good then, yeah I saw the news on that, I dl season 1 so probably try to watch it during the summer when all the US shows are on break.