Premier League 2008/2009

Discussion in 'Sports Chat' started by HiNg, Aug 16, 2008.

1. HiNg

HiNg Well-Known Member

Finally this season has started so who do u think will win this season??

2. inxight

inxight Member

Manchester United and chelsea still the best candidate, arsenal believe in their young player i don't think so it will work out.

3. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

ManU is the same team... and slightly worse off... Giggs, Scholes, VDS and Neville are another year older... Ronaldo's out till late September, to October... and Rooney's just got back from injury... as far as midfield goes Hargreaves is not doubt, class... but Carrick on the other hand isn't exactly Paul Scholes... they're also missing a target man... Tevez and Rooney play the same role... the back should be solid just like last season i expect...

Chelski looks to be better this season, Scolari brings a lot to the table... they'll be tough to beat regardless of who they might still be bringing in or not bringing in...

Liverpool... will be shakey... no more Gerrard/Crouch combo... and they only have really Torres to depend on... Kuyt is unbelievably inconsistent... if Babel steps up this could be a good team... the back is also kinda shakey since Agger JUST got back from season off injury, if Agger and Caragher get it goin, this could be stronger than ManU's back line... and they better hope Rafa figures out his rotation b4 late in the season... again...

Arsenal needs another signing... desperately need someone else in the midfield... other than that, they can get away with that back 4 if no serious injuries happen... Adebayor needs to hit his chances... it's seriously not good if the team creates so many chip in shots for you and end up only making 1 out of 4... if RVP stays healthy, and Dudu comes back strong after the winter... Arsenal seriously will be the highest scoring team in the league... Adebayor and RVP i can honestly say could both hit 30 this season and if Dudu comes back and plays like he did last season, he could easily still hit 10-15 starting in January... Nasri and Cesc is probably another 20combined... Bendtner could probably pull of 10 again this year... no other team creates chances like Arsenal... sadly no other team screws up those chances like Arsenal -.-;

Midtable, I like Aston Villa to push for top4... they made a lot of moves, and if they keep Barry.... look out... Boro, Everton and ManCity also look good... Blackburn and Pourtsmouth will probably round out the bottom of midtable...

Btw... I also really like Hull City... they could run up the table like Reading did 2 seasons ago...

and ffs... they should just relegate Fulham cuz they're just shite....

ooooo and i wonder if Stoke can actually beat Derby as the worst PL side ever haha... I still don't see how they actually go promoted... I mean honestly, Bolton's not that great... 3-1? psh...

4. xpheal

xpheal Member

of coz ManUtd and Chelsea starts off as favourites, and i think arsenal can challenge if we get back our players fit (yes i'm a gooner)
    sorry to say do not think liverpool will win it this year, and tottenham is never going to be in the top 4 come next may.. :p

5. Natsu

Natsu Well-Known Member

Chelsea to be honest. More or less the same team with 2 extra good players and last season they had the sacking of Mourinho and the African Nations to contend with. This season, no African Nations, so they should have a good team all available unless there are a mountain of injuries. Man United need a striker and Ronaldo is out til October, so he wont be as explosive as last season and plus the summer transfer saga probably will take its toll on the player himself. Liverpool wont win this year, they need wingers not Gareth Barry.

6. woeijing83

woeijing83 Active Member

chelsea 1st
    Arsenal 2nd
    mu 3rd
    liver 4th
    tottehnam 5th
    blackburn, newcastle,mc

7. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

Chelski with a 4-0 beat down on Pompey... Scolari, welcome to the PL ur bloody awesome... just gotta tip my hat off to the man...

8. gawain187

gawain187 Well-Known Member

I've always had my support for Chelsea, even though they couldn't make it last season I reckon they can end up champsions this season.

9. HiNg

HiNg Well-Known Member

yeh i dun think liverpool will win it but hopefully they can close the gap more on the champs. yeh and think liverpool shud b lookin at buyin wingers not central midfield heard they were lookin at downing??

10. aiyimankit

aiyimankit Member

man utd always start off slow, cannot write them off jus yet... most new managers start off really well but can chelsea lead all the way? i hopenot cuz i love man u

11. jklee369

jklee369 Well-Known Member

Great news to see the start of the premiership again

Chelsea to win it for me, as its very rare for a team to win the title 3 years consecutively.
    Also I have been really impressed with the mid field of Chelsea in their win against Portsmouth, this was without Drogba remember.
    Also Man U are hit by injuries with key players such as Rooney and Ronaldo.

Arsenal is a dark horse for me, i know they lost key players like helb, but i feel nasir would do a good, if not better job since he is more of a goal threat. People wrote them off last year but they did really well, consistency is gonna be the key for them

12. cothfy

cothfy Active Member

I believe Chelsea will win the title as they have so much strength and depth in their squad but I do think Man U is a better team.

And I hope Spurs breaks into top 4 if not then 5th.

13. jklee369

Cant see Spurs breaking the top 4
    They got the attacking talent, but not the balance in the team, so exposed on the counter attack in their opening game

If anyone is going to break the top 4 i reckon its Aston Villa, they were the third highest goal scoring team last season (finished 6th) and have strengthen significantly, unlike Everton who finished 5th

14. mingming2006

mingming2006 Well-Known Member

i can see chelsea for the title this year...hmm, mayb liverpool wd prolly catch arsenal to third spot, bt i cant rely see them as major competitors for the cup

15. jklee369

I dont understand why everyone underestimating Arsenal they didnt finish the last season that badly.

I know Liverpool have strengthen their squad, but for me they failed to strengthen the areas that will make them a real threat, they lack quality wingers, so im going for them finishing 4th AGAIN

16. HiNg

HiNg Well-Known Member

yeh arsenal didnt do too badly but this season i think that liverpool will finish 3rd ahead of arsenal

17. jklee369

All depends on the partnership of Torres and Keane i reckon, wasn't too impressed with them at the start, Keane got into Torres way, but fair play to Torres in offering a hand shake and saying dont worry.

18. HiNg

HiNg Well-Known Member

yeh but they will need more tym and wen they get it rite it will b 1 of the best stike partnership i think in the league

19. jklee369

Talking about partnership imagine if Chelsea do manage to get Robinho, him and Drogba sounds really good.

20. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

if robinho comes in... i imagine someone besides sheva is leaving... my best guess is joe cole... they didn't just bring Deco in for shits and giggles afterall...