Praying For Bubba

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by master_g, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Bubba goes to the revival and listens to the preacher. After a while, the preacher asks anyone with need to come forward and be prayed over.

Bubba gets in line and when it's his turn the preacher says, "Bubba, what you want me to pray about?" Bubba says, "Preacher, I need you to pray for my hearing."

So the preacher puts one finger in Bubba's ear and the other hand on top of his head and prays a while. After a few minutes, he removes his hands and says,"Bubba, how's your hearing now?"

Bubba says, "I don't know preacher, it's not until next Wednesday

2. sernmic6

sernmic6 Member

What or who is Bubba actually?
    Please enlighten me on that matter

3. p4nd4

p4nd4 Member

Lol.....
    i laugh at the first joke and find it hard not to laugh at sernmic6's joke
    v funny... :-D

4. ^ i think its to sophisticated for him :(

5. LOL... bubba is in no way sophisticated..

6. ^ who on earth said he was, maybe my comment was to sophisticated for you too... i was talking about sernmic6 :p

7. maybe.....;) I think you need to dumb down the answer and use shorter words :)

lol

8. ^ haha ill keep it in mind :p

9. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

i'm confused about who bubba is...(is it a nickname or something?) >_______<"
    but i get the story =]

10. ^ bubba is the general known name for prison inmate who makes you his bitch....

11. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

^
    I thought the word just means dumb or something like that -_-

But I thought the joke was dry ^^ but sernmic6 was the best =)

12. Phoenix

i see.....-detect thanks ;)
    but i dont get why pple find sernmic6's post funnii :xd:

13. ^ i think bubba is just a general name too, i dont think it allways means that homo prison stuff, but i know it can. bubba sparx for example, people call others bubba a whole lot in the US and im sure they are not calling each other homo ex cons.

that guy didnt say a joke, he just made it clear that he hasnt got a clue whats going on and maybe people on his wavelength find it funny like the dude who though bubba meant dumb >.<

14. ^true, but usually the stereotypical image is a huge ex-con.

15. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

Ironicly, the person who defines someone's intellectual through a definition of a word.
    People on that wavelength might just be around the same.

*sigh* That made my day.

16. Phoenix

according to wiki...
    bubba is a nickname formed form from brother, given to boys to indicate their role in the family, especially the oldest male sibling.
    but w/e *shrugs*

Bubba made me think of the character from forest gump :yes:

17. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

Wiki:
    "Bubba is often used outside the South as a pejorative meaning low economic status and limited education."

That's where I got the meaning of "dumb" from, however, wiki has proven to have false unreliable information -_-

18. lol yeah haha, also bald

well not mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, making your day is pretty easy ehh?, here's a joke, what's a books favourite colour?.... red!!!!... hope that makes your day tomorrow assuming you read it tomorrow which will be today from your perspective.:)

ha this has turned into an educational thread :p, i dont think i watched forest gump, i know that 'box of chocolates' line but thats about it. and rent old boy!!!

19. Phoenix

i know..i cant rely on wiki no more >____<
    but most of the time its ok ^^

20. ^ at my uni you get insta-fail if you use wiki