Plastic Surgery: Tavia Yeung’s Growing “Pinnochio” Nose

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by Paradiso, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Paradiso

Paradiso JUNKFOOD QUEEN

6798_500.jpg

Since highest-earning fadan, Charmaine Sheh (佘詩曼) left TVB, Tavia Yeung (楊怡) successfully climbed to the top. Recently, Tavia’s series aired one after another. Rather than focusing on her acting, the audience noticed that Tavia’s nose was growing like wooden puppet, Pinnochio! With the healthy ratings of TVB’s new series, The Other Truth <真相>, Tavia’s plastic surgery rumors were once again in rife discussion. Many netizens commented that watching Tavia’s series was similar to watching the chronicles of Pinnochio!
    Allegedly, due to the wide media coverage of Tavia’s “Pinnochio nose,” Tavia had to maintain the shape of her nose through annual hyaluronic acid injections. Compared to her flat nose shape when she first entered the entertainment industry in 1995, Tavia’s current nose was a lot higher and sharper.

The Changing Shape of Tavia’s Nose Over the Years

Tavia-Yeung-Plastic-Surgery-71.jpg

n 2001, during The Awakening Story <婚前昏後>, the bridge of Tavia’s nose was low and the tip was round and did not appear prominent. During the filming of Golden Faith <流金歲月>, her nose was wide and not long.

Tavia-Yeung-Plastic-Surgery-6.jpg

In 2007, along with her rising career, Tavia’s nose shape changed. The bridge of her nose heightened and the tip of her nose was slightly more prominent.

Tavia-Yeung-Plastic-Surgery-5.jpg

In 2010, Tavia’s nose grew mysteriously longer while filming The Mysteries of Love <談情說案> [and Yes Sir, Sorry Sir <點解阿Sir係阿Sir>. The tip of her nose was very prominent and resembled Pinnochio’s nose. However, Tavia denied plastic surgery and insisted that the results were due to make-up. In 2011, after years of modifying its shape, Tavia’s nose appeared longer and the tip grew as well.
    Annual Hyaluronic Acid Injections In Nose
    An inside source revealed, “Actually Tavia’s nose is not considered to be too flat. However, her nose bridge is not high and the nose tip a bit wide. Since she is afraid of pain, she will not opt for plastic surgery. Several years ago, Tavia started getting hyaluronic acid injections from a doctor. Each time, she received a minor injection, so the results were not too noticeable [by the public at first]. In recent years, she told the doctor that she wanted her nose to be more prominent. After the [recent] hyaluronic acid injections, the public commented that she had a ‘Pinnochio nose.’ The hyaluronic acid gets absorbed by the body within six months to a year. Each time Tavia stars in a prominent series or important advertisement, she will see the doctor first to avoid her nose appearing differently.”
    Allegedly, Tavia will see the doctor several days prior to the onset of an important project. After the hyaluronic acid injections, there will be minor swelling in the area. Since Tavia received the injections on a regular basis to maintain her “Pinnochio nose,” there were periods of two to three months in which Tavia’s nose would have minor differences. Since the tip of Tavia’s nose sometimes appeared rounder while other times sharper, no wonder netizens also noticed the difference.

Tavia’s Doctor Revealed She Was A Frequent Customer
    Accompanied by a female friend, a Sudden Weekly reporter had a one-hour consultation with Tavia’s doctor, Chow Wing Chow (周永就) in the Central district. Aside from explaining the use of hyaluronic acid injections, Dr. Chow also revealed that Tavia Yeung was a frequent customer.

Dr.-Chow-Wai-Chow.jpg Dr.-Chow-clinic.jpg

After assessing the reporter’s female friend’s facial features, the following conversation took place at Dr. Chow’s clinic:
    D=Dr. Chow; F= Reporter’s female friend
    D= To get hyaluronic acid injections in the nose bridge and nose tip would cost $6,500 HKD per injection shot. The results would last for one year.
    F= Will there be side effects?
    D= No. After the injection shot, there is usually a minor redness and a little mark. However, the mark resembles a tiny mosquito bite and not noticeable. After the hyaluronic acid shots, you can go out to see other people and even go on the airplane.
    F= Can you lower the price a little. I was recommended by Miss Yeung to come here.
    D= Which Miss Yeung?
    F= Ah Yi recommended me to come here. Since she is an actress, of course she has money!
    (Dr. Chow laughed and folded his arms.) D= Ah, Tavia Yeung. Actually, the price is very fair. Tavia has not come here as frequently lately…. She really turned more beautiful lately! Aside from her, many TVB actresses are my clients!
    F= After getting the hyaluronic acid shots, will the nose become stiff and hard, resembling a wooden puppet’s nose?
    D= Of course not. It is enough to get one shot each year. If you are too anxious and get the shots too frequently, of course there will be problems!

Tavia Denied Altering Nose
    At a recent promotional event with the 2011 Miss Hong Kong contestants, Tavia responded to allegations that she had altered her nose, “Reporters have touched my nose and examined it. I did seek the consultation of Dr. Chow many years ago to remove a birthmark. I wanted to say hi to the doctor because the birthmark near my brow bone is not completely gone yet. I have to ask him to follow up on the matter.”
    Tavia said she did not mind the recent Sudden Weekly report. If she were to receive plastic surgery, there were many areas that she would need to fix. “I want to make my nose higher. If I needed to fix it, I’ll wait until I’m older. I’ll just get facials now.”

Tavia-Yeung-Plastic-Surgery3.jpg Tavia-Yeung-Plastic-Surgery2.jpg Tavia-Yeung-plastic-surgery11.jpg Tavia-Yeung-Yes-Sir-Sorry-Sir.jpg

Source: Dramasian

2. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

She looks fantastic now. -drool

3. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

^yea, in most cases, plastics does help.

4. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

She does look better... & it isn't something MAJOR.. so why does the reporters/civilians bother..?

5. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

her nose did change, cant say it looks a lot better tho, i think its a bit too big now... but yeah, hk ppl always like to make a fuss about every little thing....

6. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

She said on TV, I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!
    But must admit that she is one of the TVB stars with not much gossip.

7. kevin

kevin RAWR!

I like the one on the 2nd pic most, the one where she is holding the mobile phone.

8. animeiswild

animeiswild Active Member

Just her nose isn't such a big deal... At least she didn't opt for double eyelids, change her mouth shape and all that, like most of the rumors surrounding k-pop celebs. But the plastic surgeon... is he like allowed to just give away info like that? Coz doesn't sound too professional.

9. van22

van22 Well-Known Member

She got the money, so it don't matter as long as she thinks she pretty with her new
    nose!

10. intraland

intraland Well-Known Member

it's not the same as going under the knife. effects only temporary. she has to go in every year for the shot, to keep up with the look. or else she'll just turn back to how she looked without the shots.

think botox.. but botox is completely different because each time you need higher and higher dosage, whereas with this you won't.

11. kingfai30

kingfai30 Active Member

I notices that she did something with her nose.

12. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

I knew it was old news....*GGRRRRR* for digging up ancient threads especially in this section....

13. gavyo

gavyo Well-Known Member

never really noticed it.. but can see the difference now. she looks great nonetheless!
    :D

14. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

She's gonna look like Michael Jackson any day now, LOL... But to be honest, I never really cared for her one way or the other; I think her face is too narrow to begin with. In terms of aesthetics though, there's no arguing that the before pics looks a lot more natural than what she has now. Unless you're blind, you can clearly see that she's been worked on.

15. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

^or dodo cheng...lol