Plastic Surgery in Korea? Is it True?

Discussion in 'Korean Chat' started by wongie, Apr 16, 2007.

1. hkconfused

hkconfused Active Member

You mean those double eyelid surgeries?

2. cassie_wong

cassie_wong Well-Known Member

it's pretty popular...it can be true...

3. daisy20454

daisy20454 Member

Who doesn't strive to look better if there's medical technology available to make it possible? It's acceptable to a point until you start looking like a freak, which alot of the asian entertainers become.

4. likklebear

likklebear Member

Western women favour boob jobs and liposuction and asian women prefer eyes and nose jobs. I don't see what the fuss is about. If it makes them feel better and more confident about themselves, then why not?

5. Crusaders

Crusaders New Member

a big fat no to plastic surgery...well, atleast i wouln't like my girl have plastic surgery

6. lacrocq

lacrocq Member

I don't think I've seen bad plastic surgery in Asia (anyone wanna give me a link haha). But I have seen tons of bad plastic srugery in America. Cat woman anyone? :|

7. dimon

dimon Active Member

seems like true a lot of plastic surgery, personally i think it is no big deal as long as they like it and feel more confident =)

8. Kiku

Kiku New Member

Yes, it is

9. sha.x

sha.x Member

I'm pretty against plastic surgery because there are people that becomes addicted to it. Plus, you don't need plastic surgery to become more confident. You're suppose gain confidence in the things you achieve. I mean... in the end everyone becomes old, wrinkly, and not so great looking so what's the point of wasting so much money when u can use the money on something important. Make-ups already make wonders... there's no need for plastic surgery. I personally think that Asian woman tends to be able to take better care of their skin and stay looking young than any other races.
    Anyways, sad to say it's not only Korea that does plastic surgery... plastic surgery is all over the world. It's whether if the person chooses to do it. ;/

10. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

Plastic surgery makes a person scary whether it's the body or face.

11. missLILY

missLILY Member

Yes. It's true. Even my ordinary korean friends have admitted to plastic surgery. She said her parents "made" her do it. I guess it's a tradition or such. I believe about 85% of korean celebs have done plastic surgery as well.

12. An1mA

An1mA Member

Kinda normal in Korea, have a look at this.

13. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

Damn it dude, it's not like there aren't any good looking natural ones?

14. jenntieu

jenntieu New Member

I think plastic surgery makes you look very weird. But if it helps you have confidence then I guess its for you.

15. silentjess

silentjess Well-Known Member

16. Teresa

Teresa Member

I have watched a few Korean TV series and I can sometimes tell which star has been under the knife. I suppose you have to look beautiful to be a star.

17. missdiorcherie

missdiorcherie Well-Known Member

People can do plastic surgery if they want is their choice but personnaly it's scared me and you can look weird after surgery and it's expensive lol!!

18. StarScream

StarScream Member

It's definitely true that in Asian countries not just in Korea that both men and women value the face or appearance more than "inner" beauty. While that may seem shallow, the entertainment business runs in exactly the same veins. It takes longer for someone with talent alone to attain fame compared to one who has none but their looks - whether fake or not. Unfortunately, those who opt for plastic surgery certainty think that being "beautiful" means cutting oneself up and throwing away whatever genes you've been given. It's such a lie. Sad but true.

19. masterfu

masterfu Member

there is a possiblilty that Korean ppl did plastic surgery, but it's also possible that they know the natural way to look good, like drink a bowl of soup everyday, and eat good amount of fruit and vegetables

20. krazykorean85

krazykorean85 Member

thats true for some of the girls, but they all need something about the knee cap. they all look weird if you actually look at their knee