Picture from an event::society program:: (^_^)

Discussion in 'Random Picture Forum' started by Mr. Orait, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Mr. Orait

Mr. Orait Member

.:::Event at Kampung Wellington (^_^):::.

Have you ever heard about Kampung wellington ? For your information (FYI), Kampung wellington is located at Ayer Tawar in Manjung, Perak with a total population of 500 villagers from 66 families.

More than 90% of the villagers are underprivileged with an average household income of less than RM700 a month. Most of them earn an income by working at the nearby palm estates around their neighbourhood..

Program Sentuhan Kasih Deepavali PETRONAS: Kg Wellington, Manjung
    24 November 2012 at Kg Wellington, Ayer Tawar, Manjung, Perak.

[​IMG]
    PETRONAS held its Program Sentuhan Kasih in conjunction with Deepavali.

[​IMG]
    Listening to the talk by Pengasih called "Kenali Anak Kita".

PETRONAS held its Program Sentuhan Kasih in conjunction with Deepavali to reach about 142 less privileged families in Manjung, Perak.

[​IMG]
    Left to right: Encik Haniff Hassan, General Manager of Stakeholder Relations Dept. of the Group Corporate Affairs Division (GCAD) of PETRONAS; Datuk Medan Abdullah, Senior General Manager of GCAD; and Datuk Dr Abdul Rahim Hashim, Uni. Teknologi PETRONAS Vice Chancellor and Malaysian Gas Association & International Gas Union President.

Held in Kampung Wellington, the day started with a "gotong- royong" activity.

[​IMG]
    The bosses make sure they do not miss a spot!

[​IMG]
    Token money packets were handed out to Program Sentuhan Harapan welfare recipients.

Petronas Senior General Manager of Group Corporate Affairs Division, Dato Mohammad Medan Abdullah and UTP Vice Chancellor Datuk Ir. (Dr) Abdul Rahim Hashim handed out cash donation to all of the families.

[​IMG]
    Performers (Engineering students) from Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, UTP. The villagers took the oppurtunity to showcase their traditional dance to the visitors.

[​IMG]
    You can see the Petronas Senior General Manager of Group Corporate Affairs Division, Dato Mohammad Medan Abdullah and UTP Vice Chancellor Datuk Ir. (Dr) Abdul Rahim Hashim take a pic with all the villagers with thumbs up! Kredit to Petronas. Keep it on. Thank you for making the Sentuhan Kasih Deepavali event a success!

2. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

thats cool, its great to have communities get together and meet up whether old or to make new friends

3. Mr. Orait

Mr. Orait Member

How about u, Hartia? Have you ever join any event like this?

4. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

We do have things like this here and there, but knowing the types of people in my community i'd rather not (Jane/Finch). Hosted events I always go to, and i'm prolly going to hit this 200 people party in a few weeks, then again I'm not eager to socialize.

5. Mr. Orait

Mr. Orait Member

Why are u not eager to socialize? it must be fun knowing other people while doing a community service..