People that don't Tip!

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by lotsofmsg, Mar 6, 2006.

1. adrianc

adrianc Well-Known Member

i didnt read the whole thread...but some places like korea, they dont tip at all...it is part of the culture....

u ever see those old chinese movies ? do they tip? :)

I would like to see a waiter running out and looking for a martial art fight because of tip -whistle

2. TurtleShell

TurtleShell Active Member

i don't think that tipping is mandatory. its an option in my opinion based on how well you serve.

you won't expect to tip someone if they have an attitude.
    to me, i always start off with at least 15 dollar tip, and if they displease me, example make me wait too long, 40 minutes the most...for service, then from then, i start to deduct.

bad way of doing it, however, it works for me.

3. rofl? 15%-20% is WAY to much.. especially if you got out dinner... if you eat for 100$ and you give 20$ tip? thats way to much

4. TurtleShell

TurtleShell Active Member

lol actually, that is about right... o_O if you go to a fancy restaurant, i would think that the tip would be higher...

5. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

like i said... i do roughly 22% when I'm rly satisfied with my service at a high end restaurant... it's not unheard of to even go to 30% round here...

again these aren't tips being forced on us... these are tips we choose to pay out based on service... most if not all tips paid out in the US aren't taxed... therefore, waiters/waitresses are wiling to take the shit wages of $8 an hour... so they can make like $100+ on tips alone tax free on a friday night...

6. mentroc

mentroc Active Member

there are many bad tippers out there. i always tip more then i need to.

7. rawritzcynthia

lol i always give tip but then there are sometimes where the service OR FOOD is REALLY REALLY BAD

like last week -_- omg service was terrible...i asked for a plate they gave me a knife......ur hearing must be REALLY BAD if u cant tell plate from knife...food sucked too......never had such bad vermicelli

8. Gurly

Gurly Active Member

If you think that you HAVE to get tip from guests then you have to change to other job. You are working in a restaurant because you like to serve the guests and make them happy. Your boss have to pay you good, tip is not everything, it's just a nice "gift".

9. wysandman

wysandman Well-Known Member

Personally I hate tipping, But we were brought up this way and it was beat in our heads to tip.
    I usually tip 10% if the service is up to par, if the service really sucked I don't tip.