People that don't Tip!

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by lotsofmsg, Mar 6, 2006.

1. lala_bel_tempo

lala_bel_tempo Well-Known Member

What the hell , its not in my nature to tip!

unless i live in your country, unfortunately i don't ! lols..

2. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol yer Tipping is like Not Needed, esp when the service is plain and they charge u for Tea, chopsticks , napkins and blah blah ,

3. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

put urself in a server pposition............don't u want tips? wta do u think of ppl who dont tip u?

4. i dont feel any need to tip, if i was a waiter i wouldn't be looking for a tip but it would be nice. i did go to a restaurant once with a group of people and the waiters got tipped 5 pence (Seriously).... another time they were told to keep the 20 pence change... i was rofling for the rest of the night.

5. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

in canada a lota restaurants only pay like under $ 7hr but then they get a lota tips .... since we're in north america tipping goes to the server while in chinatown the cheap boss takes the tips.....so then ppl should tip western restaurants more

6. lala_bel_tempo

lala_bel_tempo Well-Known Member

now that you put it that way...$7 is low....

hmm go work at mc donald, you earn $12 an hour lol!

the max i prob tip is $2?..if they want more like $10 < get fcked

7. zhangpe

zhangpe Member

tipping is stupid even for good service. that rich manager/owner bastard should just pay his/her workers more.

8. neko-pochi

neko-pochi Well-Known Member

But you don't just get 1 customer per hour though.... If the restaurant you're working at gets pretty crowded, you can get up to 100$ and more in an evening. There's a rule here (not sure if it's all over Canada) that people should tip about 10% to 15% from the total meal before taxes. Tipped workers are paid a bit less than the minimum wage because they have to declare the tips they get.

9. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

My tipping rule of thumb... minimum is $1 per person at the table... so if there's 3 of us, and we eat $10(yeah... right) that means $3 or 30%...

then comes the 15% Lunch, and 18% Dinner rule... actually... depending on the restaurant... 20% even 22% isn't out of the question... I actually did 20% couple nights ago...

No tips if we actually didn't get service like at a buffet, fast food, etc... -.-;

No tips if the service in general was plain shite... I don't mean if the server spilled water on me on accident... I know accidents happen... but if the entire night was ruined cuz of the server... no tip...

If I'm forced a cover charge, I only pay the cover charge regardless of what my rules are... cuz a cover charge is just plain stupid... and a slap in my face...

If I didn't get good service + there's a cover charge... I fck over the manager... and pretty much walk out with a 1/2 off my meal thing...

The reasoning behind tipping in the US is cuz most busser/servers are getting minimum wage(which is like $8 now) and the tips are meant to help offset that low wage... No one tips at McDonalds, so that's why people get higher wages there... and don't argue stupid points like get a better job, that's just stupid... if it was that simple everyone would be brain surgeons...

10. Chibi12

Chibi12 Well-Known Member

From the UK, they dnt usually require u to tip cos unlike US, the tip doesnt go to the individual waiter/waitress so they dnt care much. Though if i've had a good service, i will tip - just means a bigger bonus as the end of the yr for the staff. Though at the higher end of the restaurants, gratitudes are already included in the bill. Took me a while to work out how much i shd have been tipping wen i went to the US, n if i didnt have relatives there, i would have assumed the gratitude was already added, and would have been sooo embarassed for not leaving a tip!

11. Suiko

Suiko Well-Known Member

I usually tip 15% ... so all the service community don't start yelling at me. But I do find the older generation don't follow that rule.. they think ur lucky that i leave something for u . I guess it's a HK mentality.

12. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

all about service my friend

13. melovehongkong

i dislike the waiters/waitress that like just look at u when u raise ur hand trying to call them over... they look at you and look at something eles like ur invisible.. D<
    one time at this food place where my friend and me (under 18) were eating.. we were calling a waitress over, she just looked at us and walked away to ask this other table (full of adults) if everything is okay and then we waited for like 20 mins for the waiter to come take our order... HEY just because we're teens doesn't mean anything! WE'RE still HUMAN ughh.
    thats why we didn't tip that time, mainly is because of that waitress's bad service and because we're still teens

14. The_Jelly

The_Jelly NSFW? :P

I'm going to assume you guys were acting like immature children because that hardly happens to me...

15. melovehongkong

really? but we were just sitting there and then and just chatting quietly. and then asked for the waitress to come.

16. asiangang

asiangang Well-Known Member

ehh, depends if the waiter's manners and stuff r good. Some r really horrible.

17. Angel12

Angel12 Active Member

i tips between 15% and 20% most the time.

18. Blobbyy

Blobbyy Well-Known Member

tip my A$$ , lol, all abt the service.. but normally, in restaurents in say hk, tipping is not popular. just add 10% sevice charge to ur meal lor... makes life much easier instead of judging how much to tip.

19. daisylazy_g

daisylazy_g Member

Waiters/waitresses don't deserve a tip if they treat their customers like SH*T...
    I wish we had a policy that we didn't have to tip. I didn't care for it when I was a waitress through Uni, made me feel like a beggar! I wonder is that bad?!?

20. uraha

uraha Well-Known Member

lol in japan tipping is disrespectful

but inflation and food cost going up it might be harder for them to tip money