People that don't Tip!

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by lotsofmsg, Mar 6, 2006.

1. lotsofmsg

lotsofmsg Well-Known Member

Common peoples u should tip your waiters and waitresses..
    Seesh the people where i live in canada is soo cheap! They don't tip and they demand this and that from me. Most people don't understand that waiters and waitresses make bare minimum or less them minimum wage at some places because the empoyler knows that we get tips. If a person serviced you with bring your food and keeping you happy with your drinks at least tip the waiter or waitress for their hard work. Even if the waiter/waitress is a bitch, just tip less but still at least tip. That cranky waiter probably had a bad day and u can't blame her sometimes, people are very picky and it is really annoying. We are here to service you your food not your slaves. I hate people that look down upon you like your his slave and get me this get me that and then don't tip. If you come out to a resturant and want to be serviced from people at least have a decentcy to give them some gratitutue. Truthfully if your not going to tip, go freaken eat at home, you can do your own freaken dish, u can clean your own freaken table and u can cook your own food and u can serve it to yourself. You go out to a resturant you are getting serviced and when your getting serviced its courtacy to tip the person for service. For the people don't tip *beep* *beep* and more *beep*
    seesh! ack!

2. hahah thats why yo ass try to work up to manager.... also depends on what kinda restaurant you work at and the regular customers. I mean obviously its the servers job to 'service' people... and you get paid by the boss... thats like if I were a construction worker and I was puttin up nails in the wall and throwin everything together then demandin a tip from you... would you give me a TIP??!!! I mean construction workers work just as hard if not harder than waiters...
    So alls I'm saying is just do your part and if you don't like the job, find another... don't expect money just to be handed to you. And if you aren't smiling enough or friendly enough to the customers well maybe you should look at what u doin wrong.

3. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

I tip because it is expected.

However, I don't like tipping when I didn't get good service. And it sucks even more when you pay by Interac, and it asks you "how much you want to add in tips?" and right beside you, the waiter/tress is waiting, and looking at the screen, seeing how much you're going to tip, and it's so embarassing when you don't tip/tip enough.... Argh! They should make that part invisible!

And so, because I don't like being embarassed, it's like I'm forced to tip for bad service. >.<

4. naruto1314

naruto1314 Well-Known Member

wow
    paid the tips
    that part of the deal when the serivce you
    people are so dumb not to

5. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

tipping..pft..depends on the service....

6. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

.... and the person

manners wise ...

7. naruto1314

well
    to me that is respectful
    yes it does determine on what service

8. donkeyhit

donkeyhit Well-Known Member

in some county (not mine)... it's offensive to tip because they think u feel sorry for them... or whatever the reason....

but normally... yea i believe u should tip only if it's good service..
    Customer are always right =)

9. naruto1314

sucks to work there

10. shhh lips

shhh lips Well-Known Member

have you ever noticed that almost all the restaurants you got to now always include the tip when you get the bill. Well at least i noticed that.

11. usually if its like a big party then they'll charge like a 15% tip. but its only a few pple, i dont think they're allow to just automatically charge the tip.

12. dude first you post that your all for tipping and that it's 'dumb' not to, but they you change it by saying it also depends on the service...

and it doesn't suck for the pple who work in those countries, because thats part of their culture... and probably why some pple decide not to tip because they're not familiar with the idea of tippiing.

13. naruto1314

yea that 15% is important
    i do that to big restaurant and american restaurant
    in some small chinese restaurant or dim sum just pay by head
    i mostly each head cuz i eat about 8 buck , just give 1 dollar as tip
    easier to count

14. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

yeah i noticed that, esp when i go to another chinese restaurant, my dad always tips at the end

and so does my family when i go there with them

15. naruto1314

ubless it a fast food resturant

16. naruto1314

well
    i never thoguh of some service you dont tip
    like going ot burger king
    there no point of tipping

well i didnt know there some countries that doesnt have tips
    i been brought up tipping people for their service

of course reasonable service, not like simple thing like buy ice cream from an ice shop. Even they providing you a service to get ice cream but i dont need to tip them
    also going to best buy or shop asking for help
    there no point to tip him

Ecko
    are you satify with my reason now

#16 naruto1314, Mar 6, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  17. shy

shy Well-Known Member

I'm usually a really big tipper (this is regardless of whether or not the waiter is hot *laff*). For food, I usually tip at least 20%. If the service is exceptional, then it'll generally be more. The most I've tipped is 35%, and that was for crazy exceptional service + freebies.

18. yea my highest was 50%... had a 4 dollar bowl of noodles and gave a 2 dollar tip -lol. I had extra change so i was like whatever.

19. donkeyhit

donkeyhit Well-Known Member

Well sometimes you don't even have to tip... such as places like Karoke where they already included the 15% into your bill

20. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

If the service is good or above average, I'd be happy to give a decent tip.

If the service is absolute crap, then I'd still tip but a very small amount. (a penny -devil)