PC Utilities

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by Knoctur_nal, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

Crap Cleaner aka Ccleaner..really good tool, better than disc cleanup and fix registry

www.ccleaner.com

2. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

good man..that there is an excellent registry cleaner.

3. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

yep ccleaner is really good

4. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

i don't clean my comp nor defrag it..i tink i should

5. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

^yeah you should...if you know how to clean it, and do some tweaks..you can get a big boost in performance...i have 512 MB RAM and it runs like 768 MB

6. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

im too lazy man.. lol

7. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

lets do that remote connect thingy and I'll do it for you :D

8. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

lol ya rite..last time this girl was doin in on my comp and im like WTF..then i did it bak..fun

9. Knoctur_nal

yeah..let some random guy/girl/it off pa clean ur pc...

10. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

nothing wrong with that...

11. Knoctur_nal

sure..nothing wrong with that...

12. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

yes lets just let random people access our comps :)

13. Knoctur_nal

my system is open to anyone!...i;m waiting...

14. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

REVIVE !!!!! and besides that some anti-virus/syware shield i came across :p in connection with AOL

http://www.activevirusshield.com/antivirus/freeav/index.adp

i think ang would like this cos it also in connection with kaspersky which he uses (i think), its freeware btw (from what i can see, quick scan through =P )

15. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

BoostSpeed v3.3.5.636

[​IMG]

AusLogics BoostSpeed - the ideal solution to keep your PC running faster, cleaner and error-free. This powerful optimization suite will boost Internet connections, tweak Windows to its peak performance, clean registry and block annoying ads. It's a great way to keep your computer clean and optimized.

What's New in Version 3.3?
    "Similar to the previous release, BoostSpeed 3.3 has been designed in collaboration with our customers and usability testers, which is reflected in the expanded functionality set and enhanced user interface,
    Firstly, we have written a registry defragmenter that enables you to scan, analyze and optimize registry structure. This leads to reduced registry size and elimination of defects within the registry. Thanks to this, your system becomes more stable and faster. Also, additional performance boost comes from accelerating your web browsers, such as Mozilla, Netscape and Firefox. And last but not least is support of the interface in two new languages - German and Spanish."

New tool: RegistryDefrag Wizard that will optimize the registry and speed up your PC;
    - System Advisor is now testing if the registry needs to be defragmented;
    - RegistryDefrag Wizard can now be run after the Registry Cleaner;
    - "Invalid data for Hide Messenger" error was fixed;
    - fixed Live Update issue of working incorrectly in the localized versions of the program.

Program + Serial Included:
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/30629021/owl4u2000.boostspeed.v3.3.5.636.n.serial.incl.rar

16. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

Ashampoo Magical Defrag v.1.11

[​IMG]

When did you last defragment your hard disk? Nearly everyone knows it’s necessary but hardly anyone does it regularly.

In the course of time Windows takes longer and longer to find data on your hard disk. This happens because files get split up into more and more fragments stored in different places all over the disk. Finding and reading these fragments takes much longer than accessing a file that is all stored in the same place.
    Users of Ashampoo Magical Defrag don’t need to worry about this problem, because the program keeps their hard disks defragmented for them. In fact, they hardly even notice it’s there.

Ashampoo Magical Defrag Highlights:
    -Defragments the hard disk automatically and "invisibly" in the background.
    -Pauses defragmentation automatically as soon as other programs require processor capacity or access the hard disk.
    -Support for defragmenting compressed files.
    -No analysis needed - defragmentation starts immediately! The advanced defragmentation algorithm eliminates the need for a time-consuming analysis phase. This means that the program is genuinely productive whenever it's running, even if it's just for a few seconds.
    -Install & Forget: Once the program is installed it runs in the background as a service and keeps the hard disk defragmented automatically.
    Statistic functions for monitoring defragmentation.
    -Multi-user support: Once the administrator has installed the program it keeps running, even on restricted user accounts without administrator rights.
    -Also defragments the hard disk when no user is logged in.
    -Can be controlled and monitored via a local network.

Code:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/28819457/Ashampoo.Magic.Defrag.v1.11.rar

17. Knoctur_nal

nice work keepin it alive drag

18. Knoctur_nal

FileMon
    FileMon monitors and displays file system activity on a system in real-time. Its advanced capabilities make it a powerful tool for exploring the way Windows works, seeing how applications use the files and DLLs, or tracking down problems in system or application file configurations. Filemon's timestamping feature will show you precisely when every open, read, write or delete, happens, and its status column tells you the outcome. FileMon is so easy to use that you'll be an expert within minutes. It begins monitoring when you start it, and its output window can be saved to a file for off-line viewing. It has full search capability, and if you find that you're getting information overload, simply set up one or more filters.

FileMon works on NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 64-bit Edition, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows ME.

http://www.sysinternals.com/utilities/filemon.html

19. Knoctur_nal

RootKitRevealer
    RootkitRevealer is an advanced rootkit detection utility. It runs on Windows NT 4 and higher and its output lists Registry and file system API discrepancies that may indicate the presence of a user-mode or kernel-mode rootkit. RootkitRevealer successfully detects all persistent rootkits published at www.rootkit.com, including AFX, Vanquish and HackerDefender (note: RootkitRevealer is not intended to detect rootkits like Fu that don't attempt to hide their files or registry keys). If you use it to identify the presence of a rootkit please let us know!

The reason that there is no longer a command-line version is that malware authors have started targetting RootkitRevealer's scan by using its executable name. We've therefore updated RootkitRevealer to execute its scan from a randomly named copy of itself that runs as a Windows service. This type of execution is not conducive to a command-line interface. Note that you can use command-line options to execute an automatic scan with results logged to a file, which is the equivalent of the command-line version's behavior.

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/RootkitRevealer.html

20. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

right now, im downloading zonealarm security suite and turning off windows firewall