PA Members who don't post and only download

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by hkm91450, Jul 6, 2006.

1. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

This is not a thread to bash all PA members who don't contribute to discussions and only come here to freeload. I'm just noticing how, as of July 06, 2006 @ 4am EST, there's officially 7,235 registered members and 116 of those members online.... But I only see the same bunch of people post....

ecko, knoc, kdotc, the mods (ang, shinobi), don, HK! Fish, Nirvania, etc... (sorry if I missed you name) but you get the point!

Hmmm.........

I know I don't have very many posts to show (because of school recently, very busy) compared to say knoc or nirvania. But at least I have some posts and acutally contribute to discussions, compared to those with only 5 or 10 or 15, usually the minimum amount of posts needed for a download!

Maybe we should set up an even more stable points/posts system? Hmm....?

-huh?

***** Seeing that this thread is coming alive again ^^... just a little update from when I originally started this thread last year... we're now at 33,091 members, with over 250 members 'browsing' in the Video downloads section and over 75 members 'browsing' in the Music downloads section...... It's great to see that the growth has quadrupled since last year... but leeching! >>><<<<

#1 hkm91450, Jul 6, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  2. you should prolly throw that in the suggestion box... but yea it's always been like this. and you see quite a bit of new members spammin like crazy... but those new members who joined and even made some banners really help contribute to the community.

3. moor_moth

moor_moth Well-Known Member

Yea my number of post aint that decent...yet.
    but yea im aiming for a V.I.P status
    only so i can change my rank to Lu Bu or dynasty warrior
    it'd be like above moderator rank.....

4. Thanks for this thread i hate those people!!!!!!!!!!!!definately worth a rant thread!!!!!!!-angry -angry -angry Oh yea another thing is people with zero post requesting -dead -dead -dead

#4 shinobi, Jul 6, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  5. lol time to up the ante on some quality posts....

6. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

*cough* ban *cough*

LMAO, if you were to ban those ppl, it would take a long time.....

EDIT:

I have an idea, before someone reaches a certain amout of posts..for ex:300, they have to get a certain amount of post a day before they can download on that day...

7. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

well now that the post requirements to downloads have been removed (last time I checked) im sure we will get even more freeloaders.

omg Nirvania I just noticed that you have 1572 post and your join date is June 2006! You have posted 1500+ post in only a month -ohmy -worship

8. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

Yea, I always see the Download section have more than like 40 people viewing -rolleyes ... I personally dont even download the movie, I can find it at some CHINA BT site lol. But the point is that if you force them to say stuff, they'll just spam.

9. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

yeah but if we do have this banning stuff, that would be kinda unfair... and people will start scamming for posts probably if we want them to contribute.

10. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

i didn't notice that ... wow

11. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

yeh true if we force people to post we will just get a load of spam and one worded answers like yep

12. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

Holy crap, no wonder I always see his message... I guess I have to post more, I dont want to be too far behind with Niv -sweat

13. its alright. people will come and post on their own will, it takes time. Its something like for every 20 people who register one will post something. But no worries it'll build up over time and we'll have a bigger community continually growing. we've really started pa 8-9 months ago over the old defunct forum and the progess and improvement we've been getting is gradually gaining all the time =) we're still the new kids on the block, wonder what it'll be like 1-2 years from now :p

14. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

It sure feels like more than a month...but thank you.....

#14 Nirvania, Jul 6, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  15. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

To me PA is already the best forum I use -bigclap -clapclap , feels well established

16. peachey

peachey Well-Known Member

wth?? I never made that comment! lol Nirv, I think you meant to quote "dim8sum"? -lol

Someone's obviously been thinking about me -whistle

17. don

don ello

i guess most of the people don't post and have registered came here just for the bt stuff so i think that only people with like 50posts or more should be allowed in the dling section but i dunno....it's just what i think

18. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

oops! well, ur name is right there.....and as the americans say it...."YOU ALL LOOK THE SAME!"

19. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

we've come along way..def a work in progress...dang..it was crazy when we first started...but like ang said....thas just how it is...

20. peachey

peachey Well-Known Member

What do you mean my name is "right THERE"? Right there, where? I've never even made a comment in this thread prior to the one I'd just made.

Unless you mean "right there" as in right there in your head :p