Over Run Over - EU超時任務 (2016)

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by shinobi, Mar 18, 2016.

1. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

I started to watch this, Tracy did a great job in Fixer, but as a lead role, don't think she's ready yet, I think Mandy would have been better in this series as the lead. Especially since she's played a female cop a few times.

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Just finished. Few notes

1) Benjamin was better in Speed of Life than in this drama.
    2) Vincent was great. His accent was hilarious. Ending was sadder than I expected.
    3) Drama had potential, but felt repetitive with going back to the same date. Expected different police cases.
    4) Rebecca was pretty KLF in this, so was Christine. Seems like Christine wouldn't lose her weight in time.
    5) Zoie did great, but I felt Tracy could be in the reporter role and have someone better to do Tracy's role.

3. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

I finished this as well last night.
    1.Ben did a good job playing the semi bad guy though yeah his role as Sze Ma sir was funnier. But does show his versatility in playing different roles.
    2.Vincent was awesome, took a lil bit to warm up to the accent. I figured that he was protecting Madam Ling by the 2nd/3rd episode. Kind of makes me want to go back to the certain episodes to connect it to the end. Started saying "Fong ge lup" for the heck of it and got my son to say it too haha...
    3.When reading on how often they went back did get a bit repetitive, and then during the middle of the series, it felt like they kept making it very complicated. Only till the very end when Vincent was fixing everything did it get simplified. Granted it is a drama series so it was necessary. Over all def a good series especially with the cast they chose. Pal's role was great too.
    4&5. I think Zoie out of all the ladies in this series was the best, next to Rebecca even though yeah she was a side character. Agreed with Christine's weight but after thinking for a bit, the weight actually did fit her role in this series. Yeah Tracy would have been better as a supporting actress and not the lead.

#23 crasianlee, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016