Open Minded Christians

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by smallrinilady, Mar 18, 2007.

1. neofj

neofj Active Member

I am a christian and homosexuality is definitely wrong and abortion is same as murder

2. Out of curiosity..... what makes homosexuality wrong? and what if abortion was necessary? like the way the baby is growing in the womb it is being suffocated by the umbilical cord and causing a lack of oxygen to the baby's body causing the baby to under develop it's primary organs to which it needs to live? So going full term would only be killing the baby as it would not live more than a few hours after birth with life support.

I ask this because a friend of mine who goes to church has met someone in this exact situation.

3. BestOffer

BestOffer Well-Known Member

imo believing in god is only a believe and should not change how a person view on certain things, if it does, then u get brain-washed

4. aipeng

aipeng Active Member

As a christian,
    for :
    abortion - i think its a sin cuz you are killing a innocent soul and its not the babies fault for being there, so yeah i feel that abortion is a wrong thing to do.
    sex before marriage - i think it is very wrong as loosing your virgin before your marriage is definitely a wrong thing to do and because you are not officially married to the guy and you are having sex before your marriage and God sees you from above, it is very sinful and shameful to God, dont you think so?

5. MrCooperS

MrCooperS Well-Known Member

What if your wife was raped and became impregnated by the raper? Would you not do an abortion because you believe it's a sin? Would you allow the child to be born and raise it as your own?

Not questioning your beliefs, but just wondering what you would do in a situation like that.

6. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

The kind of mind sets posted in here is definitely what's wrong with the world.

7. fatboymin1437

fatboymin1437 Member

depends on what people think.. religions?

8. wonnk

wonnk New Member

A child can be taught to believe or view matters differently at school then from what was taught at home by parents. Would you say the parents brain-washed the child? Hardly, it's a matter of choice what one chooses to believe. Each one have their own perceptive powers and level of understanding things and given the time, the freedom to choose what to believe makes each one responsible for their actions. Likewise, each one's personality is shaped by the surrounding environment and the things seen, heard, learnt or experienced. Though it can be said that some moral values have changed through the ages. Once, what was thought to be good is now viewed as bad and vice versa ...some see these as doom for mankind while others see it as an advancement. So changing one's view on matters (even if it's different from the mainstream believes) is not due to brain-washing, but rather a personal choice which everyone is entitled to.

#49 wonnk, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  9. Good point, however the concept of 'choice' itself is iffy, because there are good choices and bad choices. Good choices are those who make educated choices; meaning, they are aware of all alternative options. Bad choices are those who ignore all alternative options and blindly follow one.

10. cokelore

cokelore New Member

I'm fine with gays getting married