On the subject of afterlife..

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by chickenutbread, May 11, 2007.

1. chickenutbread

chickenutbread Well-Known Member

What does your afterlife entail? Do you even have one? This is purely just to share different beliefs, etc and not to shoot anyone down. -surr

created because i see people talking about afterlife that's not exactly related directly to the question. so.. feel free to write paragraphs.

2. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

i think afterlife is like another chance for us to kinda complete our 'missions' in life n to fix up our mistakes etc..

I like to think i do have an afterlfe, that way i can spend another lifetime with the loves i love, my family, friends n even with pple on PA =)

3. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

Going to heaven, living a life where only harmony and peace exist between the whole hierachy of animals. Not to mention that ill be living in His Divine Presence's kingdom.

4. havent we got a thread about this already?

5. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Yeah, but we sometimes need to start fresh -devil

6. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

So as not to be considered as a grave digger.-cool

7. For me it would be: (here it comes)

going to heaven,
    chilling out with Jesus,
    seeing Jesus smile,
    having Jesus say "You've done a good job on earth",
    being able to worship Jesus in his throne room,
    the honour of carrying out an order from Jesus,
    Eating those lovely fruit,
    taking in the sights of the universe and whats to come,
    forever learning about the mysteries and power of God,
    being able to shake hands with my guardian angel,
    being able to speak to the prophets of old,
    seeing my great great great great great great great great............. great grandfather and grandmother Adam and eve,
    receiving a new eternal family,
    riding a horse (maybe a lion too) :) ,
    wearing beautiful robes,
    hearing Angels sing,
    receiving a good voice myself!!!;
    being eternally happy,

the more i think, the more stuff comes so ill go on and on and on.

8. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

Man I wouldn't wanna be a great great great grandmother of someone in Heaven... be old and wrinkly eternally ... that is as bad as eternally damned -shock

9. hiake

How can one be certain that their ancestors had gone to heaven instead of hell?

You know, it's likely that 3 or 5 generations back there isn't Christianity in China and most Asian countries, so they are going to be ALL condemned to hell right. So Master_g the likelihood of you seeing the entire lineage of your ancestors is quite slim.

10. ok, was only posting thoughts on what i would like my afterlife to be like.

11. hiake

No, I am serious.

If believing in God is THE criteria of going to heaven (plus a few other things, I know, but BELIEVING is THE most important criteria), people living in the pre-missionery times China are totally not going to heaven as they don't have the concept of that particular God. No?

12. thats true. when i said grandparents i meant the biblical Adam and eve, who i personally believe to be the parents of humanity. i know others have their own views on that but that was what i meant when i said that.

13. BabyRain

-cry2 MY ANCESTORS ALL IN HELL NOW ...

14. hiake

Oh, okay, just asking to clarify is all. :D

15. LOL you mean theyre alive again? -lol

remember we both said earth was hell ;)

16. BabyRain

I was referring to master_g's theory... where all humans existing before Christianity shall theoretically be in Hell now.

17. ^ stop picking a fight with him -tongue2

18. BabyRain

^I am not!!! -innocent2

I am just discussing!!!

19. im not, we've exchanged our views concerning hell etc, so lets move on yeah :)

20. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

I actually do not think there is an afterlife. Sad and depressing thought, but that's how the facts seem at the moment. When one dies, flesh rots away and a pile of bones remain.