On Road Video Footage

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by Choy1314, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Choy1314

Choy1314 Well-Known Member

Hi guys im based in the UK i have try to phone up the car insurance company and they could not give me a straight answer of my question

so the question i have is. you know the cameras that you can purchase to clip on onto the rear view mirror to record what is going on in front of you when you driven. if i was hit by a car and the camera has recoded the whole situation can i use this video footage to back me up as a full evidence or will it only count as a side evidence. or the insurance need it checked to see if the video footage has been edited?

or anyone here works in a car insurance and have idea about this

Thanks

2. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

its evidence but you also have to tell the guy who hit you that it was recorded.

like this

[video=youtube;xZJjDLnZ5ZA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZJjDLnZ5ZA[/video]

3. bbes

bbes Incredible

i would assume that it can be used as evidence so long as it shows the correct details of the car. i would imagine it would take a lot of time and effort to edit it to display the same bumps and scratches of the car after you have been hit. i agree with the above post that you prob need to inform the opposite party and establish who is to blame. i would imagine that they would admit blame if they saw your footage anyway.