olympics 2021

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KilaKilaGirl, Jul 18, 2021.

1. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

July 23 just a week more
    [​IMG]

Do the Tokyo Olympics still matter? Is it worth the risks to public health? Even if the Olympics is canceled by some crazy reason, it still won't change the already happening problems. So just enjoy the ride

#1 KilaKilaGirl, Jul 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  2. Xzyrus

Xzyrus Well-Known Member

Top Poster of the Month

3. KilaKilaGirl

just a few infectees. It's normal because nothing is 100 percent fully protected. There are cases all around the world. I believe this virus won't be getting away and we simply have to adapt to this. Then again, cancelling the already ongoing event like the Olympics would cost Japan billions of dollars....

4. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

The Olympics is getting dumber and dumber.
    1) Previous Olympics (this thread came out - https://www.dramasian.com/threads/american-killed-in-olympics-attack.35498/). And the amount of condoms used in another news - it's almost like a cesspool of athletes.
    2) Allowing transgender male to participate in women's sports - that's just marginalizing women athletes. If one ignores the physical difference between men and women, might as well have mixed races - why separate the events by sexes for so long?
    3) This year's Olympics - no audience, sponsors pulling out of the event? Japan has had a continuous streak of bad luck. These events are supposed to be money making, but, came Wuhan flu and Japan can only hope to recover the costs / expenses now.

#4 ab289, Jul 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  5. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

WTF???? I don't follow the Olympics, but wtf for #2....(didn't have the energy to type that out:), so then are they allowing the transgender woman to participate in the male category then?? Have to agree with you a 100% that's just wow...so stupid and unfair too.

Also it'll be interesting to see what happens when the winter Olympics I believe get hosted in China than...

6. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

You are not missing much - A bunch "athletes" that are busy with "woke" rather than training / performing.
    US women's soccer lose 0-3 in 1st game (if I'm not mistaken) after kneeling in the beginning of the game. US men's basketball lose for 1st time since 2004.

I think that's it for me as well for this Olympic and it just started.

KilaKilaGirl

Hubbard, 43, will join Canadian soccer player Quinn as the first openly transgender athletes to compete in the Olympics. A third openly transgender athlete, Chelsea Wolfe, is an alternate on the U.S. BMX freestyle team.

Source:
    https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/olympics-laurel-hubbard-transgender-athletes-weightlifting-tokyo

#6 ab289, Jul 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  7. KilaKilaGirl

I think you had it around. It is transgender males playing in the women division.

I guess it works both way.
    but where do you see that at?

8. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Nah, that's what I meant, which is nuts...