Old pics of Empress Dowager Cixi 慈禧太后

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by ~*Dawn*~, Jun 20, 2006.

1. wilsont06

wilsont06 Well-Known Member

Frankly, the killing is justified. Unfortunately, for Mao he had to kill whoever oppose him. Mao knew that he needed to unify China in the fastest way possible and back then when the country was weakened by foreigners (British, French, Germans, United States, Japan, etc.) and when there were war against our own people, the Nationalist who were all pussies they could have at least help stopped the Japanese from invading but No! Chiang kai shek p*ssy ass had to move half of China to Taiwan. Mao had to step up and fight those foreigners alone.

I mean different era needs a different kind of leader. Of course we don't need a Mao now since everything in China is stabilized. We needed a Mao back then and he came through.

I think the qing dowager bitch killed more of her own people than mao ever done to his and her reasons should never have been justified. I guess in order to succeed you really need to sacrifice and that was the reason behind the great leap forward.

The first Emperor may have killed half of China but before that during the three kingdoms era, there were many more who have died too. In my history textbook, it stated that, that was one of his reasons why he unified China. If it weren't for the first emperor of China, the size of China would be as little as fucking Korea. I don't know about his ego and power hungry-ness. Of course if you read about the Three Kingdom, then you will see the three warring states warlords also wanted to conquer the whole entire China too. Ex: Cao Cao was dramatized in literature to be a ruthless leader who wants to conquer the whole entire China and south-east Asia. Liu Bei wanted to conquer China because he wanted to fight for "peace". Logic tells me, every emperor in China history is power hungry and has their own ego. No emperor is a good emperor. Just like no President in the United States is good too. George Washington owned slaves so did Abraham Lincoln.

To me, I would sacrifice those "opposers" and be the strongest link than to let other countries colonize me and let another "rape of nanking"-like scenario from happening.

I also found out that during dowager cixi reign, she closed chinas' doors so that must be why we weren't so updated with technology and other shit that could have elevated us. wow she is one dumb ass b!tch that basically destroyed China. All she cared about was her useless garden.

#101 wilsont06, Apr 1, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  2. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Mao probably killed or caused the death of more Chinese than any other man in history. Considering that the great leap forward alone caused the starvation of a conservative estimate of 30 million (some say upwards of 50 million), you're willing to forgive him that in order to prevent rapes of Nanking, where only 300,000 died? Remember, we're not even counting all of the other blood baths from Mao over the years, just the GLF alone.

Frankly I don't like your math. You're willing to go with a guy that actually kills more Chinese people, under the guise that this will save China from foreigners? I would say instead, come in foreigners, and save our asses from Mao! LOL...

Moreover, Mao wasn't the war hero that you make him out to be. Mao had a long running trait of allying himself with former foes to fight a bigger foe, only to duck and cover while his erstwhile friends took the heat. He even did this within the communist Red Army during their long march retreat (detailed in Sun Shuyun's The Long March: The True History of Communist China's Founding Myth ). In essence, he maneuvered his units so that KMT units would take the brunt of the action and damage, and only went forward after KMT units softened up IJA targets. Mao, by definition, was the pussy, albeit a politically smart one. He wound up conserving and rebuilding his forces while Chiang actually fought the war, so that when the war with Japan ended in 1945, he then pounced on the KMT (who was exhausted by that time) and drove them out to Taiwan in 1949. In essence, Mao thought that his own claim to power was more important than protecting China and the Chinese in its fight for survival against Japan.

And you're willing to forgive this guy? LOL...

Oh, and BTW, Sun Shuyun is a Chinese writer (I know that many Chinese have a knee jerk reflex to automatically discount non Chinese authors as biased westerner views). Also, in your wording above, you make it sound like Chiang fled to Taiwan while the Japanese were still in China, leaving Mao to do the fighting alone. If that is your understanding of the matter, you should seriously review your history.

#102 ralphrepo, Apr 1, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  3. wilsont06

wilsont06 Well-Known Member

well you can't mess with mother nature. there were great floods that hit most of the crops which led to the starvation. You have to give Mao props for trying to mirror America's economy and improving China's economy when it was failing to the point where it was like Africa. He was doing good in the first two years of the Great Leap Forward but catastrophe takes it toll. If only he didn't make people work long hours and droughts didn't happen, the GLF would be a success. Nah Chiang kai shek was the major pussy for not trying to atleast talk it out with Mao. He was persistent to leave. He turned his back on China and build his own country 'Taiwan' when they are really Chinese people.

4. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

No offense, but you keep trying to make excuses for Mao. As far as I'm concerned both Mao and Chiang were ruthless in their individual pursuits for personal power. However, Mao was much more willing to sacrifice ordinary Chinese lives to achieve it. He demonstrated this by his willingness to gamble a Chinese loss to Japan by purposely conserving his forces while Chiang took the hits; he demonstrated this by his failed polices in the Great Leap Forward, he demonstrated this by his actions in entrapment of his critics with the Hundred Flowers Campaign - Anti Rightist Campaign, and again with the Cultural Revolution. In other words, was this man really defending the Chinese against dangers, foreign and domestic? Or, was he more likely using and sacrificing the Chinese for his personal ego and power trip?

I've read so many books on China over the years that I've lost count. My opinion is (based on all of the above) is that Mao probably did more damage to China and the Chinese than any foreigner in his entire lifetime.

Oh, and BTW, the first two years of the GLF only looked good on paper. His CCP committees were so afraid of being punished had they told Mao the truth, that they outright lied and reported super inflated production numbers. In this case, Mao's well known political ruthlessness worked against him. Further, if it wasn't for Canadian generosity in their defiance (on humanitarian grounds) of a US-PRC trade embargo, many more Chinese people would have died from China's self induced (not mother nature like you assume) starvation. Most Chinese from that time don't even realize that they were getting western food aid. The bags of flour were purposely relabeled as Chinese origin. Canada shipped tons of wheat flour to China starting in 1959 and continued to do so, up until only a few years ago.

Give Mao props? I'd give him a kick in the ass instead. Had he been stillborn China would have been where it is today... but more than thirty years ago. It was his intransigence and refusal to engage the west in trade that kept China in the backwaters of civilization. The best thing that Mao did for China was in dropping dead. Because as soon as that happened, Deng was allowed to open up the doors to China and the rest is what we know of today; China has become the labor, salesman and manufacturer for much of the worlds products. This allowed the Chinese to finally lift themselves out of 19th century poverty and make up for nearly a century of morass in less than a generation.

As for your supposition for Chiang, to have him talk it out with Mao? Why? Mao was trying to kill him! If Chiang was captured Mao would have put him in front of a wall and pulled the trigger himself. The only talking point between Mao and Chiang were "I'm the boss, and you're dead." They both knew that of the other so there would have been no point in negotiation.

I'm sorry, but the more I talk about Mao and what he made us Chinese go through, the more incensed I get; I hope he rots in hell.

5. magicguitar

magicguitar Well-Known Member

the clothes wear looks exactly like TVB films.

6. smartangel

smartangel Well-Known Member

wow, all picture is very sensitvie..... these picture so interesting though

7. cassie_wong

cassie_wong Well-Known Member

Wow, really nice pictures, I was trying to look on the internet for some pictures before and it took me a long time to find only a few pictures. Thanks for posting these pictures, now I think people can see the difference between these ones and the ones on TV =)