Old pics of Empress Dowager Cixi 慈禧太后

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by ~*Dawn*~, Jun 20, 2006.

1. warriors

warriors Active Member

man her servants all look so freaky too wahahhaha

2. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

whoa! old old pics..she lookz scaryz

3. Sexygundam

Sexygundam Well-Known Member

Yeah well think of what the other old emperors and emperest looked like -unsure

4. mingtsainy

mingtsainy Active Member

Like kdotc, I know next to nothing about Chinese history...except from what I see in the kung-fu movies....and we all know how accurate these HK/Taiwan movies are. :)

I think I'm going to Wikipedia Empress Dowager Cixi tonight before I got to bed.

Gotta learn about my culture and heritage.

5. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

^ szeeen...its embarassing when other ppl talk about your culture and u're like =S

6. it was back in the Tang Dynasty they considered fat ppl beautiful...

in the Ching Dynasty they considered girls with tiny feet r beautiful... so all the wealthy girls would have looonnggg straps wrapped around their feet to stop them from growing any bigger... n their bones would b all crooked and deformed...

that was a sign of wealthiness... women didn't need normal feel in that family to work like peasents...

my great grandma was from a very wealthy family and she was suppose to have her feet wrapped... but b coz her dad had 7 mistresses but she was the only daughter they had they didn't force her to wrap her feet coz it was too painful...

7. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

^ dawn...send me some links abou these dynasty stuff..i wanna learnn

8. rNb99

rNb99 Well-Known Member

i know nothing about chinese history but thanks for posting the pics up. so she's not a nice person i guess...

9. i don't think i got any links in english... i learnt them from chinese links and books... ah well... i formatted my computer a few weeks ago n lost all my links -cry2

errrr... some ppl say she's an evil, selfish biatch coz she murdered the other Empress and used the army's $$ to renovate her garden leading the Ching Dynasty to an end...

other say there were no proof that she comitted the murder and the government was already corrupted before her (there was a rumor saying her husband died of STD so u can c wot a hard working Emperor he was)... also if she didn't renovate the garden we wouldn't have such a great tourist attraction in the Forbidden City...

10. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

i tried searching and couldn't find a chau dynasty..i think i need to make one =p

11. yeah... make one if u could... coz i don't think there're many sites in english :p... u can prolly find something in Wikipedia... if only u can read chinese... i wish i went to chinese school when i was young...

12. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

like last year some guy was tllkin to me about chiense dynasty and he's korean..and im like wth is a dynasty lol..i still don't know much...if im smart enough ill make my own dynasty

13. errrrr.... u'll need lots of $$... lots of women and lots of weapons...

14. ahhamah

ahhamah Well-Known Member

They look like guys

15. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

ill get the girls and weapons and u can get me the money =D

16. y would i wanna get u $$ to start ur dynasty?? wot do i get out from it??

17. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

^ so u can b in history? lol =p..go sleep..zzz

18. aussiekid

aussiekid Well-Known Member

yea i know she's very cruel but forgot wat she did mostly..was she the one who even had her own sons/grandsons etc murdered so she could hold the throne?

19. i don't think so... coz she doesn't have the throne... her son does... but they were saying she was overpowering her son...

there was only one female Emperor in chinese history and that was way back in the begining of Tang Dynasty...

20. cooljackychan

cooljackychan New Member

hmm... shes the worst emperor ever...=.=.. she looks evil.. haha.. wow.. cameras were in china already?/.. r those real.. or just some photoshop ar...