Oh glory, what a decay in society!

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by w3ndy, Feb 23, 2005.

1. w3ndy

w3ndy Guest

I have a question, is it attractive for girls to have really low pants and bellytopish shirts, which results in an exposure of their torso? Or does this make a girl look easy revealing their belly with such ease?

And is it also attractive to see a girl's thong hanging out of her pants? Again, is this another display of girl's sluttiness or is it actually appealing to the eye?

Would you even like your girlfriend to reveal something like that to the general public?

In my opinion, I find it absolutely repulsive that girls are exposing their bodies in such a manner that to be sexy, is to be easy/slutty. But the appeal is definitely subjective. Is this appealing and alluring to humans or are we all tainted by media and all that is affiliated with it? Who do you think is reponsible for such repulsive idealogy? Isn't it classier to not show people your panties and all of that skin? Isn't it better to be incognito and reveal it to the special few we have a bond with? Or are we so consumed with insecurity?

Tell me that.

2. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

media!! dont girls like to show off their fit bodies? just like guys wear muscle shirts to show off their muscles. doesnt also show how daring they are?

3. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

hmph..i wonder if some people do it to get attention as they are lacking in self confidence and appreciation....or they are doing it because they see it in the media and like to follow trends...or some ppl are just that way..hmph....

4. w3ndy

w3ndy Guest

I don't think they are trying to show their fit bodies because a lot of ugly people do it too. Or well, lets not say ugly because physical attractiveness is subjective but what I"m trying to say is that everyone does it. Even fat girls. Pardon my bluntness.

5. No No No, Okay if someone has a really great body then I probably would not mind if she showed it off, but I think sexiness should have some sense of mysteriousness and I think most good looking girls realize this. I don't understand how anyone who is out of shape can possibly find themselves attractive by showing off more skin, and showing thongs are the worse

6. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

yea i dont understand that one either. eps when they show off their rolls. well i guess its good for them to be comfortable with their bodies. and not develop some eating disorder. but then that presents a problem too. and that takes us back to the top again..well, up to w3ndy's post

7. w3ndy

w3ndy Guest

It wasn't always okay for women to expose skin. It used to be frowned upon and now, society has changed drastically. Do you think that the only reason you find it attractive is because it's socially okay now? This poses a problem. Is this okay if your girl friend revealed her mid-section publicly?

8. Knoctur_nal

what about swim suits and the beach...hmph...

9. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

what about swim suits at the beach? its like the upgraded version of the underwear. have you tried swimming with your clothes on? it hard.
    and yes it is society. little by little media has been 'pushing the envelop' to the point where society is used to these kinds of things and is now accepted as the norm.

10. Knoctur_nal

eg..nude beaches...where were they a few years ago..and now they are all over the place

11. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

what are you talking about. i was referring to how much skin they show in the movies. and and tv too. might as well stick ads in there too

12. Knoctur_nal

well then..its seems ur thoughts were misleading...hmph..haaaa

13. w3ndy

w3ndy Guest

I think I tried swimming once with my clothes on and it didn't really pan out. It was like weight training in water!

14. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

life guards train to swim with their clothes on

15. Akademik

Akademik Well-Known Member

well, remember that the world is changing befoer us even if the changes arent gradual.
    The perception of what we see/think of as slutty or dirty good/bad is created by us with standards set by a previous norm.

16. Knoctur_nal

agreed..change...whats not accepted today...is or could be accepted tomorrow. or not at all...

17. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

lets blame technology

18. Knoctur_nal

what...explain your statement...

19. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

faster and easier communication of ideas.

20. Knoctur_nal

well then...i believe technology is a broad topic....so easier and faster communications eh..hmph..