Of Greed And Ants - 黃金有罪 (2020)

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by shinobi, Jan 4, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

English Title:

Of Greed And Ants

Chinese Title:
    黃金有罪

Genre:

Modern

Producer:
    Amy Wong

Episodes:

Cast:
    Eddie Cheung
    Edwin Siu
    Tony Hung
    Elaine Yiu
    Ben Wong
    Matthew Ho
    Jeannie Chan

Synopsis:
    The Hong Kong economy is booming in the 1970s and the stock market is a battlefield where greed is rampant. Because of his father’s misfortune, the way Wing Muk-tung (Eddie Cheung), who is Chinese Thai, sees life is turned upside down. He flees Thailand and reaches Hong Kong. He aspires to be master of the financial game as he gains insights into the power of the stock market. Righteous working class Ching Wing-chun (Edwin Siu) and his two buddies Chong Tai-hei (Tony Hung) and Luk Siu-fu (Anthony Ho) are diligent young men pursuing their dreams. However, they get their fingers burned as they are overwhelmed by stock market shock waves. Wing-chun’s home has three new lodgers, namely, Shui Man-jing (Elaine Yiu), her polar opposite younger sister Shui Man-ting (Jeannie Chan) and their mother. These two sisters are also waiting for a chance to turn their fortune around. Muk-tung life’s ambition is gradually realized as he successfully approaches tycoon Tong Ho-fung (Ben Wong). Meanwhile, Wing-chun and his chums also get involved. Their destinies are being rewritten.

Airing January 6th 2020 replacing Legend of the Phoenix 鳳弈

2. love the retro look very detailed reminds me Brother's Keeper and interested in eddie as villain

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jdm_s2k

jdm_s2k Well-Known Member

who are the new girls?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. decent show but it moved very slow I feel like Eddie too smart for everyone he uses all his friends as pawns lolo poor edwin and elaine!

5. eric62451

eric62451 Well-Known Member

Holy F... how many idiots can there be in this drama...

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. although, I really like the retro but hate towards the end for portraying Eddie Cheung into such horrible guy

• Like Like x 1