[New Movie] 風雲 II The Storm Warrior II (2009)

Discussion in 'Movies Discussion' started by THF20, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

It's a comic book based movie. What more do you expect? The first movie was the same thing. We just want to see action and GFX!!!!

2. ebonez

ebonez New Member

this movie got lots of potential

3. cykuek@gmail.com

cykuek@gmail.com New Member

4. aznlazyboy

aznlazyboy Member

Waiting for the canto. version to come out.

5. niceguy

niceguy Member

is anyone currently uploading a cantonese version?

6. codon

codon Well-Known Member

I like that movie 風雲 II (Y)

7. wingli

wingli Well-Known Member

would anyone hv an idea if it will come out in europe or not? (i mean in the theater)

8. ida

ida Member

Aaron's a great actor...too bad he's not in enough movies.

9. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

i didnt even finish part 1 n' i got bored...i felt like i was just watching it for the effects, fast moves are in slow motion..-.-, it didn't hit me as much as its first one back in 98

10. champ91

champ91 Well-Known Member

The Cantonese version is out.

Honestly, the movie is terrible. Way worse than the first one. The graphics are way better than the first but the story is ten times as worse.
    ________
    Box Vaporizer

#71 champ91, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  11. bvballer

bvballer Well-Known Member

Fcuk this movie, horrible!! i m hella disappointed, nothing is good in this movie. No plot at all. No actions, what is the main point of this movie? help wind get rid of evil or killing the boss guy? What happen to cloud at the end? i suggest people not to watch this, and if storm warriors 3 comes out, i m boycotting this movie.

12. worst ever movie ...the script and the director suck dicks, i only watch 1/2 of this shit ass movie, and walked out...it was that shit... and the 300 style fighting totally ruin this movie...FUCKEN SUCK WORST EVER...if this the shit that HK movies is going to put out 'mi just going to watch TVB as least their script writers can make better plots and story lines...

13. Eutopia

Eutopia New Member

Had too high hopes for this 1 the prequel was alot better.

14. mydownload

mydownload Member

good movie!

15. ngcominh

ngcominh New Member

16. peggy68

peggy68 Member

I got lost watching this.

17. Jadednews.com

Reminds me of Legend of Zu. Lots of hope lots of hype, but completely sucks!

18. namee

namee New Member

thank you ..please show me the link to download ...

19. milky_bb

milky_bb Well-Known Member

Film Review
    Being one of the most anticipated films ever to be released last year, it was supposed to have wowed their much comic-addicted fans. The trailer revealed graphics and special effects that truly demonstrated the strength and power of overwhelming supernatural abilitlies that the duo main characters poccesses...the eagerly thirsty fans were on their the edge of their seats. Did the film feed all the thirst of 11 years of wait?

Overview
    A good movie has the natural ability to connect their audience with a script that has us enthralled with plots and sceneric depiction of storylines that we can familiarise with. The classic fantasy adaptations such as Lord of the Ring films or sci-fi such as The Matrix has particular finess and balance, which tones the plots well with both reality and epic fulfilments. Audience can engage well into the movie as the director leads us through a journey of the soft 'human' scenes that compliments the climatic battles and epic finale that follows. Although Storm Warriors promised so much with its story, the movie failed to produce any sort of rhythm or blues in terms of toning of actions/ special effects (great that they maybe) with the movie. Being a big SFX fan myself, I appreciate and embrace the idea of 3D with powerful graphics. However in this movie, the SFX was a threat to making the movie very austere and one dimensional! Imagine a pieces of music sung with the same technique, constant reveberation, echos, tones, with powerful volumes throughout the song...sung this way, doesn't the meaning of the music is lost all-together with it audience? One of the films where one can literally fall asleep even with its loud DTS effects in the background!

Final Verdict
    A supposedly much publicised and anticipated 'hit' song...over-enthralled by its brilliantly done SFX techniques that the plot was lost - if there was ever one to begin with! Score: 1.5/ 5