Netizens Riot Over Vincent Wong's Alleged Ending in "My Unfair Lady"

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, May 16, 2017.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

my-unfair-lady-still-2017.jpg
    Warning Spoilers for TVB’s My Unfair Lady below!
    The most trending actor in recent years is no doubt Vincent Wong (王浩信), who is experiencing another spike of popularity with TVB’s current network drama My Unfair Lady <不懂撒嬌的女人>.

The buzzing TV King nominee, who attained his first big hit with last year’s Over Run Over <EU超時任務>, is winning the hearts of millions of Hong Kong women with his role as the caring and considerate Saving Gor in TVB’s latest hit series, My Unfair Lady. The romantic comedy drama, TVB’s first drama series shot in 4K, also stars Frankie Lam (林文龍), Jessica Hsuan (宣萱), and Natalie Tong (唐詩詠).

Written in the format of an American drama series, the drama’s first story arc (or “season”) ended on Sunday, May 14. In this finale, Saving and his girlfriend Cherry (portrayed by Natalie Tong) have a happy ending, much to the delight of shippers. The story arc for season two began on Monday, May 15.

Though fans were satisfied with Saving and Cherry’s ending in season one, a leaked sneak-peek production video of the couple are putting fans back on the fence, ready to sign petitions and boycott the rest of the season.

In the video, Cherry is crying in her wedding gown, which seems to imply that Saving would have a sad ending. My Unfair Lady producer, Kwan Shu-ming (關樹明), also briefly talked about Saving having a “tragic end” in a previous interview.

In a phone call with Vincent, the 33-year-old actor said the producer has heard the fans’ concerns, and is considering a different ending for Saving and Cherry.

Vincent said, “In the first half of the drama, Saving and Cherry kind of have a fairytale romance. Their relationship in the second half gets more realistic: Saving’s unrestrained personality starts to clash with Cherry. Not only is he afraid of marriage, he carries baggage from his past. I can’t say more, but the real drama for the couple starts in the second half.”

As for the supposedly sad ending for Saving, Vincent said, “I really can’t say anything, but we’ve talked about it with the producer. There’s a possibility that something will change.”

my-unfair-lady-still-2.jpg

Creds: Ming Pao