Natalie Tong confirms contract with TVB has expired

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Oct 1, 2022.

1. [​IMG]

Natalie Tong recently confirmed that she is no longer a part of TVB.

As reported on Mingpao, the actress, who made her first appearance at the TVB Lighting Ceremony following rumours of her departure, shared that her 20-year contract with the broadcaster has already expired.

"As for what form of cooperation we'll have in the future, we haven't decided yet. But there is a lot more freedom now," she said.

Natalie also admitted that she is now focusing on writing her own project with the help of her mentor and theatre director Olivia Yan.

As to whether she will attend this year's TVB Anniversary Awards, the 2017's TV Queen stated that she has not made up her mind yet.

"But when I have the time, I will participate in drama promotions. It's a part of an actor's job," she added.

It was early this month that rumours were rife about Natalie leaving TVB, after it was reported that she was not renewing her contract. The actress gave no statement regarding the rumour at the time, and quickly went on a short break following the end of her series, "Big White Duel 2".

It is noted that Natalie still has two TVB dramas that she had filmed, "I've Got the Power", which will be aired in October, and "The Invisibles", which is scheduled for 2023.

credits: yahoo

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1