Myolie Wu returns to television with ViuTV drama

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Apr 22, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

Myolie Wu recently revealed that she is making her television comeback not with her former company TVB, but its rival network, ViuTV.

As reported on Mingpao, the actress who spoke about her new drama, "Mature Women", shared that she is playing the role of a successful sex therapist who has to rebuild her life after an affair and has to go through a legal custody battle with her ex-husband for their son.

"I am thankful to producer Ng Kin Hung for offering me a role in the series. I like shooting these kind of female-themed dramas, and the character given to me this time is the kind that I have always wanted to try," she said.

Myolie also stated that she enjoyed working with many actors whom she never had the chance to collaborate with in the past through the said drama, including Carrie Ng.

"I have always wanted to work with her. I finally achieved that dream," she said.

The series revolves around the stories of several different career women who face their own challenges from homosexuality, custody battle, egg freezing, and sexual addiction.

This will be Myolie's first drama since giving birth to her second son.

credits: yahoo.sg

2. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Second son whoa...good for her and her hubby. Looking forward to this, saw that Thersa Fu is in it too...

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

She looks so old in this photo. I guess woman does age crazy after birth.

4. sakky101

sakky101 Well-Known Member

LOL I thought that too!

Anyhow TBH dont think she can act

5. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Could be the make up for the film....
    Yeah, never thought she was spectacular...but she did good when she had to play that chubby woman and then slimmed her own body down for it.

6. sakky101

sakky101 Well-Known Member

I know which drama you mean, tbh it only reminded me of Renee Zellweger in Bridget Jones Diary and she was so good in that and how much weight she lost to play the film! As for Myolie can't rem much for the drama and did she slim down for the role or was it a fat suit?

7. I think it was just weight gain

8. ailyeric

ailyeric Well-Known Member

It's the difference between tvb's camera lense and other station's lense. Tvb has a special filter that no one can replicate. It makes the video in their dramas look better.