MY TAKE (first 7 chapters)

Discussion in 'D.I.E. - 古靈精探' started by Espresso Bunny, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Espresso Bunny

Espresso Bunny Well-Known Member

OMG. I cannot stand ROGER KWOK. I think he is a complete overdo. I knew this was a comedy/crime/mystery. However, it seems to be stuck in neutral. It can be suspenseful, but then it isn't concrete enough to be either.

Roger over does his character and his jokes.

Both ends not meeting the shore would best explain it so far.

2. rogers definatately a weird one... at times he's really normal then he's like ah wong o_O lol

and when he gets those thoughts in his head and his head explodes?? lol really lame.

3. Espresso Bunny

It was okay, but then shit, it was so cliche. I hope it gets bettah though. So much relations I can alreayd preditc lol.

4. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

yeah, there're many things i can def. predict, the affairs b/t Kenneth & Queenie should be fun.

5. rsx

rsx Well-Known Member

I'm only on episode five and I'm already disliking the series for several reasons (in no particular order):

1) Like shinobi said, the part where he touches the evidence and an odd reaction occurs is EXTREMELY CHEESY. I shake my head in a "WTF" manner everytime it shows.

2) And following on what the OP says, Roger Kwok's character is annoying as hell in this series with his lame attempts at sarcasm, humor, and wit. Once again, TVB is trying too hard to create something "fresh, new, and creative" by inputting these new "features" that kills the otherwise enjoyable investigation drama.

3) The plot is not solid, deep, or engaging.

4) And finally, does anyone else dislike the mix of cast in this series? I feel that none of the actors/actresses match one another, there simply isn't any chemistry between any of them (and I'm not talking about in a love sense). Roger Kwok and his sister doesn't match for one, the presence godmother(?) of the Bruce Lee wanna-be is annoying and her role is completely random (movie actress wearing ancient clothes flying out of nowhere with a sword, wtf?). In the "D.I.E" team, two of them are pretty much there... because they're there, the old guy and that girl who thinks she's pretty (but shes not). Roger Kwok's boss doesn't fit the role of a chief nor does Sonija Kwok's boss. The cast is just damn random. Throughout these episodes, I'm thinking.. did TVB just throw this series together in a month? Howcome the casts seem so poorly put together?

I'm basically just skipping all the scenes that doesn't relate to the investigation, the family/love scenes in these types of series, in my opinion, are deemed unimportant.

#5 rsx, Mar 23, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  6. 2change

2change Well-Known Member

after watched 2 episode, i found out this series is quit a bit lame and overreacted from the roger k.
    I stop watchign this series ever since.

7. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

Roger Kwok will be like Ah Wong when it comes to solving cases by using his special technique.

8. Espresso Bunny

I watched this because I craved for soemthing new, but it seems to have SOME TAD of interest. STill a gimmick, but it's cool.

9. aniking_7

aniking_7 Well-Known Member

I think it isn't suspenseful enough but at least better then Ultimate Crime Fighter also the series have higher ratings b/c kids like to watches this series and they made their parent watch it too.

10. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lol you just seem to hate everything except for the twins now...