Murderer - 殺人犯 [2009]: atrocious embarrassment to Hong Kong film

Discussion in 'Movies Discussion' started by Paranoidandroid, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Paranoidandroid

Paranoidandroid Well-Known Member

Saw this the other day and was... words cannot describe how disappointed I felt walking out of the cinema. After watching the intriguing trailer I was expecting one of the greatest thrillers of the year, but instead I was horribly let down by the writing.

Don't get me wrong, the first half of the film was enjoyable. But it seems that halfway through the movie, the screenwriter just gave up (or maybe suffered from severe brain damage).

For the last 30 minutes of the film all I heard was nervous laughter from the audience. The ending has to be the most far-fetched idea ever conceived, it's so bad that you must watch it to believe. I almost felt embarrassed walking out of the cinema. Aaron Kwok's acting was also unconvincing, but I blame the director for that. C+ Detective is still my favorite Aaron movie

Murderer is the debut film of the director, but it's too bad that his career is already over.

2. Paranoidandroid

Paranoidandroid Well-Known Member

I recently found out the ending of a recent Hollywood film that shares the exact same twist. Highlight if you wish to know: Orphan

I wonder how it worked for that movie, because Murderer was a complete joke!

3. pensuked

pensuked Well-Known Member

Wow that was rubbish. I had really really low expectations for this movie and it actually managed to go under those expectations o-O.

4. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

I thought the film was LOL funny probably when I watch the film it's more laughing at the actors and how funny some of the subbed voices are put in

5. peachey

peachey Well-Known Member

CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!

As a huge psychological thriller fan, I thought the first half was intriguing and had high hopes that it would lead to some brilliant revelation, but then the twist was revealed and I literally LOL'd. I find it difficult not to. :tongue2:

I've always found Aaron to be somewhat of a bad actor, but I've changed my mind after seeing this. Surely there aren't very many actors out there who could keep a straight face while conversing with a 40+ yo man in the form of a 6 yo boy (who was a terrible child-actor, btw).

6. pensuked

pensuked Well-Known Member

While I was watching this with my parents. One point my mom and dad actually said "he" did it as a joke :p.

7. champ91

champ91 Well-Known Member

Seriously, that was the biggest piece of crap I have ever watched, and Ive watched Babel by Brad Pitt.

I watched it and I still don't understand how they could come up with such a retarded plot. The ending makes no sense whatsoever.

Just stick with the TVB series.
    ________
    Honda RC series history

#7 champ91, Dec 6, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  8. popfu

popfu Well-Known Member

this is a good movie if you try to stay in aaron's mindset. even though the ending is very unsuspecting and unlikely, but that shouldn't wash out the rest of the movie. the suspense in the first 3/4 of the movie is very well done. maybe aaron did overact a little, but that just shows the director and the actor's commitment.

**SPOILERS**
    i think the ending is really scary if it happened to you. i mean, you can't kill the kid because everyone is protecting him. people are already suspecting that you're going crazy. now that something unbelievable really did happen, how do you convince the people around you that kid is evil? furthermore, what happened to his wife is really fucked up.

9. kawaiicute

kawaiicute Active Member

this movie is out of sense, I don't know how and why they want to put this kind of movie out...although Arron acts good with the role, but the story itself is not a good one...

10. popfu

popfu Well-Known Member

both the director and main actor got nominated in the HK annual movie awards. i don't see how you cannot appreciate this movie and the effort of the director and actors. this is an atypical HK movie and a good direction for HK movie makers to move toward.