Mr. Chinatown (Tong Yun Guy)

Discussion in 'Heart of Greed - 溏心風暴' started by victorlg88, Apr 17, 2007.

1. blueheart1985

blueheart1985 Well-Known Member

I agree with you. He's so annoying

2. boalover16

boalover16 Active Member

i like when he act in other dramas. he's realli a good actor (i think personally)

3. Venuslai

Venuslai Member

I can't stand how he try to fix a problem by making it worst.... I don't understand why he have to lie in the first place... very frustrating to watch.

4. ftann

ftann Well-Known Member

I'm starting to REALLY HATE his character. He only cares about himself, he doesn't deserve to have such a good first wife and sister-in-law.

5. daphne_uijen

daphne_uijen Member

Yeah, I totally agree - what has he done to deserve so many things? Two wives? So much money and good looking sons?? LOL.

The fact that he is so annoying in the show just goes to show that his acting is good. I agree, he is more likeable in other series. But I think he is not bad here too. Very believable as a dumb guy =)

Sorry, I'm kinda new to this replying threads thingy... hope I don't offend anyone. =)

Loving this series though.

6. jcy_yan

jcy_yan Well-Known Member

Anyone notice that he dies in dramas a lot?

like in When Rules Turn Loose, The Brink of Law and this one

I started noticing that and I thought it was hilarious lol

7. shinybow

shinybow Well-Known Member

I don't know why Chinatown is so weak,

8. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

although he's such a nuisance but he did a gd job in ep 13 where he begged bosco not to leave the family...thumbs up!

9. sunman

sunman Member

maaaaaaaan Mr. Chinaman just sets himself up in the worse situations....but I see what he wants to do. but sigh

10. motegi

motegi Member

too bad he is going to die very soon...

11. mooie

mooie Member

LOL my sister always makes fun of my Dad when she sees any series thats hes in. When she see him oh dad ur Twin Brother is in this film wanna say hi ? -noclue

12. bosvia

bosvia Member

thats so true!! i wouldnt watch it eve if the main character was benny chan... i would ottally re watch it if i had bosco though!!!XD
    TVB is smart... by promoting these young stras...they get alot more view-sorc s!!!!

13. smilely

smilely Well-Known Member

his a funny lack back character which is a good thing, but sometime i think he is so dum in making descisions

14. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

Sometimes I feel he deserves what he gets. He's been told time after time not to trust sai kai, but he never listens. And he doesn't realise that he's just too simple minded! There's no bigger fool than those who do not know they are fools

15. philostrate

probably that's just his way of fumbling on things rather than solving it...that's why he relied a lot on his 1st wife...

16. dinkojinko

dinkojinko Active Member

I must say I was quite angry with him in earlier episodes. The man of the house should have the brains to distinguish between who's good and who's bad. I cannot believe he married Sai Kai, just makes it that much more complicated as is. But I'm glad that he finally realizes the person that she is and is unwilling to divorce her so that she can't really freeze his account! Yay!

17. hanllng

hanllng Member

i dislike him...he can't gain control of his own family....sads...

18. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

He's actually a very sentimental person. The way he cried when he found out that sai kai was cheating behind his back was very touching. He really loved her and thought he was being nice to her, only to be treated this way.

19. philostrate

yeah his weakness is he easily believes wat other people said and especially trusted his family members...he has a pure heart and wants everyone to be happy but got messed up at the end...that's why he's easily taken advantage of...2nd wife saw thru his weakness and take chances to cheat him..

20. daisy

daisy Well-Known Member

At the beginning of the episodes I don't like him I think he is very weak and do nothing for the family but on ep 35 at least he stand up for his family and tell his wife to butt off.