Miss HK get uglier each year

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by angle21, Jun 7, 2007.

1. sl7ugglez

sl7ugglez Active Member

OMG...seriously they do get uglier by the year! What has happened?! Do the judges not have good judgement anymore or it's just rigged!

2. totoromei

totoromei Active Member

hahaha this is funny i think everyone thinks so but like someone says they do get PRETTIER if they get more roles to play and more famous... i for one dont care if they are pretty or ugly but the hosts and the questions itself are just dump, not professional questions, just lame...my opinion of course.

3. westlife313

westlife313 Member

nothing wrong with Linda Chung... ;)

4. eternity_1314

eternity_1314 Active Member

I totally agree I gave up on watching Miss HK a long time ago. None of them are pretty at all. I don't understand why they can win. I gave up watching Miss Hk after shirley Yeung. The new winners are nothing compare to michelle lee....

5. christl

christl Member

guess future Miss HK wannabes need to a fix up from michelle's plastic surgeons -rolleyes

mankind is not getting uglier. contestants are ugiler by the year because girls with good looks now advance their careers in more direct paths, if you know what i mean

6. DTMLY

DTMLY Member

i hope next year will be different:S

7. tiapk7932

tiapk7932 Well-Known Member

I don't think she was a Miss HK contestant. I thought Linda Chung was a Canadian contestant of "Miss Asian International". She already was a winning contestant before going to HK.

#307 tiapk7932, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  8. cuzi21

cuzi21 Active Member

I agree they are getting uglier, but if they win, they will look better.

9. STEVENiSMiNE

STEVENiSMiNE Active Member

i agree lol.
    the ones wayy before looks alot better than the ones nowadays :/
    they're just average looking now -_-

10. pakchichai

pakchichai Member

Exactly, they got the prize becoz they are rich, kinda pay under table.. =_=

11. ngk3

ngk3 Member

they look hella uggs

12. ngk3

ngk3 Member

we need to understand why they all look so uggs. recently many of them have been from america. thats probably why

13. smartangel

smartangel Well-Known Member

I agree, they are get worse, worse each year

14. cassie_wong

cassie_wong Well-Known Member

I choose to just stop watching it, maybe if I really have a lot of time that night or morning...

15. Xib

Xib Well-Known Member

The casual girls I meet on the streets are cuter.

16. Uegis

Uegis Member

Haha, so true. I wonder if it is rigged or they just choose the winner who will most likely do stuff for TVB like act, promote, etc.

17. Xib

Xib Well-Known Member

No doubt it's rigged. There is a whole commerce board behind it and not to mention the investors and "donations"

18. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

It's not even a real contest any more (if it was ever one at all), they're just selling a show. They'll do whatever they think is necessary to both make money (from back room deals, sponsors, advertising, etc) and put on a reasonable production (ie. Bigfoot won't be in the line up, but any other dog is game if they {or a sponsor} can pay up). And yes, there have been some real howlers on that show. :whistling:

And recalling some comments that I made last year, that all sort of hold true:
    :xd:

19. chonga1121

chonga1121 Active Member

True

There hasnt been an attractive group of ladies on Miss HK for a while now, its kinda become meaningless to watch, they're all talented, but they've gotta have the look