Migraines.

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by SugaCutie0, Feb 28, 2007.

1. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

In fact distilled water is NOT healthier than mineral/spring, and in Toronto's case, tap water (not sure about other cities).

Distilled water without the minerals and ions, known to be extremely hypotonic by scientists, not only will it NOT contribute to your eletrolyte balance (since ions helps maintaining that balance), it will leech ions and minerals from cells in your body (simple osmosis via semi-permeable membrane). In turn distilled water promote cell death and thus, do not positively contribute to healthy beings.

But of course, if the choice is soda vs. distilled water, I suspect that distilled water is STILL healthier. However, when it's a choice between "different" types of water, distilled water is pretty low on the healthy list.

2. reno

reno Well-Known Member

no real idea whether which is healthier, i guess im just too lazy to read up on them

usually i just have filtered tap water =) the water here is pretty good, even unfiltered ones
    hardly ever drink distilled water, the only times i really use them is in lab experiments washing stuff =P lolz

still perrier is nice! just too expensive ><

3. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

BTW I noticed that when I'm on holiday, I have ZERO days of migraine. This corners my migraine problem to work related stress. Perhaps it is also interesting for you. If you are going on holiday, just observe if you have any migraines.

4. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

luckily never suffered from a migraine.

5. reno

reno Well-Known Member

wouldn't it be nice if you could stay on a holiday forever!!
    now i want a holiday ><

6. mintmocha

mintmocha Member

i drink green tea. and take 2 xtra strength tylonals. works most of the time.

7. SugaCutie0

SugaCutie0 Well-Known Member

lol, believe it or not, but when my fam use to live in Staten Island, we never bought bottled water, we'd use tap, and the tap back then was good water. I think it came from some reservoir.. Anyway, I read up on that, some say that distilled is harmful others say it is healthy. My friends mother has a problem with tumors and her doctor told her to only drink distilled, why and how that could effect her tumors, I dont know-unsure.. Harmful or not, I drink Spring Water so that wouldnt effect me either way.. O, I dont touch soda..

O, I havent been to work in over 3 weeks, I still get migraines, so I'm sure its not work related.. Thank you for sharing that anyway =)

Thank you for your suggestion, but I cant take Tylenol.

8. SugaCutie0

lol thanks for rubbing it in...<_<

9. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

It's good that you don't, soda pose another health problem as it promotes osteoporosis...

Hm, did anything warm helped? Chamomile? Not green tea for sure, how about milk? Fruit tea? Anyways, it's not a good idea to rely on Tylenol, allergy or no allergy (I assumed as you can't take Tylenol)

10. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

If western medicine doesn't help, perhaps it is worth trying Eastern medicine.
    I know that the medicine taste very bad, but sometimes it really helps.
    With Eastern medicine, I mean Chinese medicine :D

11. SugaCutie0

I usually drink peach or lemon grass tea.. I agree, allergy or not, no one should be taking alot of those type of pills.. it damages the liver. Hm, Im not sure if I'm allergic to it, but all I know is that when I take any of those kind of pills, It makes me feel nauseous and it hurts my tummy-down.

lol what I take now for my relief is nasty enough lol *eewwwwiee!!!* lol it tastes like pungent burnt grass or something lol my taste buds have suffered enough, Mav..lol cant take it anymore.. lol jk what do you suggest?..-blush

12. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

No suggestions on my side since I'm not a Chinese herbalist :D
    But how often do you have the migraine? Is it suddenly or after work (doing sometihing)

13. SugaCutie0

lol, hm, no family health recipes at all..? My mother had some nasty ones...I'd rather not think about it..lol, its okay though. Hm, sometimes it starts with a little ache then it usually escalates into a full blown migraine and sometimes it is very bad right form the beginning. It happens whenever, its okay Mav, I just have to live with it lol thank you anyway..

14. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

... I do have some nasty family recipes ... but I guess they are called family recipes since they are suppose to stay in the family :D LOL
    I have found an interesting FAQ on Migraine. Perhaps it will help, perhaps not.
    But I do hope that one of the methods give you some relieve

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/medicine/migraine/natural-cures/

15. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

... just curious, ... are you the only one in your family to have migraine?

Take care

16. SugaCutie0

lol, I didnt say secret fam recipes..lol jk its alright, you can keep em.. Thank you soooo much for that article, you are so nice! :) I only got to read alil, but im sure that something is there that will help.. Hm, rarely my mother get them, I get them wayy more than she does. Thank you, you take care as well =)

17. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

I just forgot about another remedy for migraine, relaxation music. Here is some piano music from Yurima:

♪ 이루마 (Yiruma): From The Yellow Room
    Type: album
    Release date: 2003.10
    Language: Piano
    Genre: new age, instrumental, piano.

01 The Scenery Begins ♪
    02 Chaconne
    03 Yellow Room
    04 Indigo ♪
    05 Kiss The Rain ♪♪♪!!!
    06 The Day After...
    07 Sometimes... Someone
    08 Falling...
    09 The Moment
    10 27. May ♪
    11 With The Wind
    12 Indigo 2 (with Guitar)
    13 Chaconne 2 (with Guitar)
    14 ....
    Full album: 67MB
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/ocfo04
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PNL73CTH

Success :D

18. SugaCutie0

Awwww? Thank you so much, Mav!!! :D thats very very kind of you:D

19. Remywalker

Remywalker Well-Known Member

i get migraines quite often too. mostly during season changes, and drastic changes in weather. tylenol works for me so i dont have to look for other remedies. one thing you can try is magnesium supplements they are supposed to provide relief and prevention for migraines.

20. xiaojia

xiaojia Well-Known Member

hey.. pretty nice thread over here.. like the info some ppl posted. Pretty helpful. I have a friend who suffers from migraines.. hopefully works for her