Me Playing Chinese Pop songs on piano =)

Discussion in 'Performers' started by instantnoodlesXP, Jan 13, 2008.

1. instantnoodlesXP

instantnoodlesXP Well-Known Member

If you like my music please subscribe, leave comments on the videos, or make a post on this thread to help support me! Thanks a lot!

Also, all music I play is by EAR so I have not used any sheet music at all. Just wanted to clear that up for you guys. -lol

NEW SONGS - Updated September 29, 2011!! For quicker updates, visit http://hk.youtube.com/user/instantnoodlesXP

NEWEST SEPT 2011: 連詩雅 Shiga - I'm Still Loving You - [video=youtube;DqXHeLFSgkE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqXHeLFSgkE[/video]

我想大聲告訴你 - Ending theme from "Dwelling Narrowness"
    雨愛 - Rainie Yang - Appears in the drama "Hi my sweetheart" =)
    TVB BORN RICH - 富貴門 - Piano Theme
    陳奕迅 - 七百年後 - Eason chan 700 years later
    孫耀威 - 燭光 - Eric Suen's Newest song from a Christian movie! :D

To prevent the post from getting messy, I have removed all youtube links, as they take up too much space. To see all videos, please go to my youtube page at http://youtube.com/profile?user=instantnoodlesXP - thanks for all your support!
    謝安琪 - 囍帖街
    林海峰 - 我地大家
    屬於 - 幸福的抉擇:主题曲
    衛蘭 - 就算世界無童話
    林峰 - 明天以後 (泳兒合唱)
    林峰 and 泳兒- 明天以後
    方力申 - 如果世上沒傻瓜
    [TVB] 家好月圓:主題曲 Moonlight Resonance
    [TVB] 甜言蜜語:主題曲 - Speech of Silence Theme - Joyce Cheng
    TVB 法證先鋒II:片尾曲 - Forensic Heroes II Subtheme - Charmaine Sheh
    彩虹下的約定
    You're My Angel - TVB 法證先鋒 II - Forensic Heroes II - That nice english subtheme =)
    古巨基 - 勁歌金曲2-情歌王 PREVIEW - King of Love Songs - Leo Ku Preview - I only have a small preview, because I'm having troubles remembering all the songs in order. It might take a while for me to get the whole thing, so stay tuned.
    恩典太美麗 - Really good Christian song, even if you're not Christian you'll like the soothing melody.
    愛是不保留 - Another really good Christian song, from the well known movie 天作之盒.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=instantnoodlesXP

NEW! Highly Recommended Jay Chou 周杰伦 - 菊花台 (From the Curse of the Golden Flower)
    The Drive of Life Themesong
    Tong Hua
    TVB - Always Ready Themesong - 隨時候命
    TVB - The Seventh Day Themesong
    TVB - The Seventh Day (Cheezy Version)
    TVB - Heart of Greed Themesong (Requested)
    TVB - The Building Blocks of Life Themesong

All videos can be found here.
    http://youtube.com/profile?user=instantnoodlesXP

Thanks for the constructive criticism and positive comments guys! Keep them coming! If you like my playing, please subscribe to me, or favourite the videos that you liked. Thanks! :D =D

#1 instantnoodlesXP, Jan 13, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  2. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

No one's commented yet?

Pretty good.

If you want some criticism, I think your speed is not very accurate, like sometimes you will speed up/slow down. But overall, not bad.

3. frostshards

frostshards Well-Known Member

i am pretty certain that is just style. and awesome job . wow. i love the part where u did the key scrape .

4. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

woowwwwww........i love it....love the piano....-inlove -inlove...

i like the drive of life one the most....as that one seems so much more difficult...

did you actually learn these songs coz i dun see no music or anything at the top of your piano....ging arr....

-clapclap -clapclap...

5. -Tisken-

-Tisken- Well-Known Member

wooOOooo hou hou teng ar ~~~
    i know that song, but forgot the name :p

i always loved the sound of piano . . . .
    very good.... especially "Drive of Life Theme" shoOOooo good !!!!!!

6. Happy1314

Happy1314 Active Member

very nice song. Keep up the good work and share more of your songs with us. By the way, how old did you start learning playing piano? I am planning to have my son learn piano, he is just 2 month old rite now. Thank you for sharing.

7. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

WOWWWW I LOVE THE NEW JAY CHOU ONE....EVEN THOUGH YOU UPDATED IT LIKE A MONTH AGO -sweat

YOU SHOULD POST A POST WHEN YOU UPDATE IT SO WE KNOW WHEN TO CHECK IT....^^

KEEP IT UP...!!!

8. wow.... you are really good! you should write down the notes on a sheet and send it over here for me so i can learn LOL

Im just kidding very nice videos!! now i wish i practiced more piano........ =[

9. renegade_cash

renegade_cash Well-Known Member

T-T awesome!

10. instantnoodlesXP

yay...thanks for all the comments guys.
    After over a month, I finally have some new songs. I have been busy with school so I haven't had time to update.

11. bbes

bbes Incredible

its rele gd. u should teach us how to play the songs though.

12. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

Just curious, what's your piano-training-background?

13. xmichelly

xmichelly Well-Known Member

wowwww sounds really nice =D
    hopefully i will be able to play like that one day =D

14. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol, pro , ur gunna be the Next Jay Chou ^^

15. Nervios

Nervios Well-Known Member

it's okay lol, doesn't really show me anything spectacular lol playing pop songs on the piano kinda ruins the originals tbh. These kinda songs needs a voice to make them sound better in most cases.

16. neko-pochi

neko-pochi Well-Known Member

I really like the Drive of Life one. And about the 男人 KTV, few things were a bit bothering. But it's kinda complicated to explain.... :/ But uhm, are you sure you're on the right key? The beginning sounds a lil too high imo. To me, it sounds more like you're playing something else, but integrating some parts of Justin's song in it. Anyways.. maybe that's what you were trying to do. >_>

oh and you play by ear? How long does it take you to get one song correctly? Just curious. :) Maybe you should write them down on music sheets so you don't have to work on them again in few years or something.

17. asiangang

asiangang Well-Known Member

whaooo nice!!! no music sheet at all too! whao.

18. bbes

bbes Incredible

ye i know its amazing that he did all that from ear. but would be great if u taught us how to play it.

19. instantnoodlesXP

Yeah...I know the Justin one sucks....-__- That one was rushed. Like...I was just doing it randomly? Yeah I think I might consider deleting that one. It's one of those songs that I didn't pay attention to...like I just listen to it for entertainment purposes, and I'm not exactly paying attention to what it actually sounds like...if that makes any sense to you. haha and I think the Drive of life one isn't that good either...I think i'll reupload...thanks for the critisism though! :)

haha thanks xD It's actually something that is kinda hard to "teach". You have to have a good ear for it. But if you live in HK (I don't), they have a seminar thing that teaches you how to play by ear. Although I don't think it's a very good system because they teach you the same playing style of the left hand every time. And sometimes, the chords are wrong.

20. bbes

bbes Incredible

well if u can get the camera to face what ur playing then i could just pick up what things u are playing. its not that hard rele. all u need to do is just play it at a slower rate and record what ur playing looking down at the keys.