Maggie Q Learns Mission Impossible

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Apr 8, 2006.

1. t9dtmr.jpg
    Saturday April 8, 2006 Hong Kong

Hong Kong actress Maggie Q says working on Tom Cruise's upcoming movie "Mission Impossible III" has taught her combat skills -- including how to rescue a hostage.

"This is not a kung fu movie where I have to spend a lot of time kicking and punching. This is Mission Impossible so I was trained by hostage negotiators and military experts -- people who actually did this for a living," the 26-year-old model-turned-actress told Malaysia's Star daily.

"It was no joke. What I did in the film is real. I actually know how to rescue a hostage now. It was unbelievable and pretty surreal. That was the part that made me nervous," she added.

The Honolulu-born actress, whose full name is Maggie Quigley, said working with Hollywood heavyweight Cruise was a doddle in comparison.

"Tom was a sweetheart compared to these military guys who killed people for a living," she said, adding that she has now developed a taste for action.

"I like being a tough girl. I like whacking people," she told the paper.

In the movie directed by J.J. Abrams, Quigley is part of the crack Mission Impossible team alongside Cruise, Ving Rhames and Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Recent Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman plays the villain.

Born to an American father and a Vietnamese mother, Quigley has previously had brief roles in "Rush Hour 2" and round the World in 80 Days" with Hong Kong action hero Jackie Chan.

http://en.chinabroadcast.cn/349/2006/04/08/44@74667.htm
    http://asianfanatics.net/forum

2. whoaitselaine

whoaitselaine Well-Known Member

She loves whacking people? O.O Wow.. sounds like a friend of mine. xD

3. Giniro

Giniro Well-Known Member

this is cool something new hope to see this soon.

4. Swtlilviet28

Swtlilviet28 Member

i love her in this movie she was so pretty adn Jonathan Rhys Meyers is so freaking hot! LOL

5. jym13145354

jym13145354 Member

SHE CAN WHACK ME neday of da wk

6. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

mi3 made her look kinda ghetto