Low Blood Pressure

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by intraland, Sep 2, 2011.

1. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

I'd be really careful suggesting anyone to take Iron Tablets (Ferrous Sulfate) without first doing blood work and knowing whether they were iron deficient or not. Also, be aware that Iron Tablets are extremely constipating.

POLYCYTHEMIA

HEMOCHROMATOSIS

Usually affecting children, but iron toxicity is nothing to sneeze at:
    The simplest way to ensure that one gets enough iron is to provide a good source (red meat) in the diet (like eating the beef stuff). If one is concerned about fat or cholesterol, then getting leaner cuts may be an option. Also, there are plenty of other iron rich foods available.

The best advice here is, to speak with your medical professional and seek their counsel.

2. take some silver tablets instead.. :shifty:

3. And that right there folks is FDA Certified -cool2

4. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

^ or mebe cod liver oil tablets..??..-confused

5. intraland

intraland Well-Known Member

Thanks ralph for the warning. I'm aware that taking any tablet without the proper balancing from either more water or more of "something else" could lead to terrible outcomes. For example, calcium tablets, and kidney failure. I haven't had time to consult my doctor yet, but I do think I should get a blood test and see what's wrong.

This morning I woke up lightheaded and dizzy again. I'm not sure if it's the corn, or if its something else. Not so fun >>

6. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

Corn? Corn gives you light-headed? Never heard that ... but interesting!!

7. intraland

intraland Well-Known Member

not in moderate amounts. It might be just me.

edit: I found it. Corn INDEED is on the list of "cooling" foods.
    http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/heaty.html

#28 intraland, Sep 11, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  8. ralphrepo

:facepalm:

All things that one takes in, matters to some degree. The "trick" is to figure out just how much something iimpacts in the overall scheme of health for the individual circumstance. For example, salt is implicated in hypertension for the average person. But to disregard salt as a necessary dietary intake purely on the singular supposition (where one heard that it can cause hypertension) without consideration of the individual needs does the patient a disservice.

I once had a girl friend who suffered from Addison's Disease (aka chronic adrenal insufficiency), in which she couldn't conserve salt like a normal person. Hence, whenever she ate, she needed to use so much salt on her food that it would taste horrible to anyone else; but for her it was perfectly normal and that was how she stayed healthy.

Thus, medically planned diets are something that should be customized and the only person who can help you with something like that, especially if the issue has been chronic (you stated in your first post that this has been an ongoing issue for several years) is your medical professional. Please do make every opportunity to see your doctor as soon as possible and get a full work up.

I wish you well, and good luck.

#29 ralphrepo, Sep 11, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  9. lol what? I say something wrong? Tiger Penis will have her blood flowing in no time!..

10. ralphrepo

LOL... Well actually, both of your suggestions (silver ingestion and the genitals of an endangered species) haven't yet been proven to provide any benefit except to enrich the purveyors of such schemes; hence, my facepalm at your offering of them. Moreover, in some countries, the possession or trade in animal parts of protected species is considered a criminal act punishable by heavy fines and even incarceration.

11. and the thought of getting caught and having to go to prison not give you an adrenaline boost? :trollface:

12. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

You might have some sort of food allergy maybe? Because people my not get the usual itchyness nor the whole swelling on a throat thong. Ralph is right you should take the time to see your GP