Louisa So Reveals Reasons for Getting Married

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by Phoenix, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

Louisa.jpg

Louisa So (蘇玉華) and her long term boyfriend of 24 years Poon Chan Leung (潘燦良) have gotten married in May this summer entering their next chapter in life together.

Appearing at an press conference event held by Ovarian Health Action, Louisa revealed that there's not much difference after getting married.

"Nothing's changed since getting married, I believe we will still live happily afterwards. To me, marriage has always been just a formality. When both parties can maintain a comfortable and steady relationship, there really is no need to sign papers. We can see each other whenever and are life partners."

When asked why she chose to get married while the world is in "chaos" at the moment, Louisa laughingly replied "Because I've got time! Finding small hobbies to do. I've got the time now and putting my mind to it, and thinking that I should get it done, so I did!"

However one of the main reasons that prompted Louisa to make that decision was due to the passing of her gay friend. At the hospital the police was taking her statement, her friend's partner had broken down in her arms and cried in her ear : "I was nobody to him, I couldn't help him do anything, I couldn't help him sign anything, I'm nobody!" At that moment, I (Louisa) froze, I was shocked, reality really hit me."

Because of that, it made Louisa realise, in the future, if an accident had happened to her husband or herself, what would happen?
    "If I couldn't help him sign medical papers, or he couldn't help me do anything, what would happen? It would be my biggest regret, even thinking about it gives me goosebumps. We usually don't believe in that piece of marriage paper but looking from a different perspective, it made sense, so we got married."

~~~
    source: hk01