Linda's Character

Discussion in 'Heart of Greed - 溏心風暴' started by yayitzmonica, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Veincentury

Veincentury Well-Known Member

Omg she cannot act. She needs to stop crying and really take some voice and Cantonese classes because her Chinese is horrible.

She is added to my list of despised actors and actresses
    Ron Ng, Kate Tsui, Kevin Cheng, Linda Chong

2. really? lol she was horrible before... she has improved alot...she doesn't have that english accent no more... but the sounding is still lil off. unlike fala chan(the little sister) she has a huge english accent... that drives me nuts >_<

3. Veincentury

Yeah in Best Best, Forensic Heroes, Heavenly In Law. I have to give it to you that her canto has improved but not that much and her acting is somewhat stiff.

She was refreshing when she first came out in Always Ready, but after seeing shows after shows with that squeaky voice and that crying, it's simply irritating.

And I haven't really paid that much attention to Fala Chan or her character lol.

4. smilely

smilely Well-Known Member

i like linda character she has a funny side to it, wonder if she is gonna go with moses or get back with raymond

5. Emperorwendy

Emperorwendy Member

Well, i got to agree with shinobi that she really improve quiet alot. Like what she herself said in ep34, she also know that she had that irritating squeaky chick voice and i think its better now. Her acting also improve a lot more than forensic heroes.

6. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

give her a chance, she might be following the steps of charmaine sheh, if not more successful! :)

7. Veincentury

Yeah okay I'll give her the benefit of the doubt lol

8. SaNine

SaNine Member

i must say.. her acting in Heart of Greed has changed my impression of her.. she has improved alot since Forensic Heroes... i found her extremely annoying in that series

9. emmy

emmy Well-Known Member

Before i don't like her character because she's often cry but now she's very strong woman and work very hard to become a lawyer

10. Shadowz

Shadowz Member

Her English is pretty good (considering she's from Vancouver, I guess that's expected), but I can still detect a semi-Chinese accent. I find her acting quite convincing.

11. dannythk

dannythk New Member

Well, I guess I am a really open minded person, since I lived in US for half of my life. Proper Canto, that is really relative. People from HK speak differently from the people in Canton, China. Which one is the real Canto, you tell me. Same argument applies for English, especially in US. Bottom line is, as long as you understand what the other person is talking about, STOP COMPLAINING how a person speaks!!! Don't tell me that you can't understand Linda. She definitely improved her Chinese already, so applaud for that.

I believe she is a good actress, and so are the rest of the crews. The only thing that the series should edit is Episode 37, when Linda played Saxophone, the mouthpiece is upside down. I don't expect her / Moses know how to play, but really need to convince others that they know how to play when they acted.

12. dreyvii

Haha...Danny's got a point there. Anyways, I think Linda speaks better canto than some hongkies themselves. At least she doesn't speak with a lazy tongue, and can pronounce MOST if not ALL her words properly

13. edmundteh

edmundteh Well-Known Member

give her a break, she's slowly improving.

cant be denied that she is pretty lor

14. minhlu

minhlu Active Member

her character in this series is pretty cute. Hopefully in the last 2 eps, she can accept DUK DUK DEI as her bf.

15. dreyvii

Yeah, she's pretty! But only at certain angles, actually. And she suits those naive innocent roles. I can't wait for her other series...Gem of Life or sth like that, where she plays a spoilt brat. I'm sure people will hate her...

16. wantirnaar

wantirnaar Well-Known Member

come on young prety but old ahh

17. i guess she is cute... but it seems like she's too much of a cry baby... cries abt everything... it's like if a sausage fell on the floor she would cry abt it <_<

18. dreyvii

Haha...that's her character in the series...can't help playing her role the best she can. And I think she did a good job in portraying sheung joi sum to the best she could.

19. haha... i suppose... but ionno... to me if a woman cryies too often for the smallest things she becomes annoying :p it's just me hehehehe... but yeah i can c her acting improved a lot...

20. donovan11

donovan11 Member

she was perfect b4 those crying parts...
    kinda hate her when she cries over little things
    but overall she's pretty
    so tat's forgiven i guesss :p