Linda Chung Ruins this series

Discussion in 'Ghost Writer - 蒲松齡' started by fafeifa, Jul 6, 2010.

1. fafeifa

fafeifa Well-Known Member

I don't know why but i don't think she is up for the main role, her voice is annoying and the love triangle just plain sucks. Couldn't tvb find a better actress?

2. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

i dont think it's linda that ruined the series. I think it's her character that ruined the story.

3. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

she totally need to correct her accent, she's always bad at the "z" and other sounds i dont remember, like 中, she always say "zone," 松齡 ---> tsung, it's the "ch" sound! same problem with Fala

4. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

even though i didn't watch this series.. it cant be worse than the guy in Fistful of Stances.. Wing Duk's son.

5. gamer123

gamer123 Well-Known Member

I think wolf makeup ruined the series; it's horrible.

6. 'she totally need to correct her accent, she's always bad at the "z" and other sounds i dont remember, like 中, she always say "zone," 松齡 ---> tsung, it's the "ch" sound! same problem with Fala'

Fala spent most of her time in New York.
    Linda is Canadian.

7. str4wberri3s

str4wberri3s Member

Yeah the makeup was kinda nasty . >_> It didn't even look like a fox/wolf

8. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

as much as i hate steven ma, i think linda is very bad for this role in this series...on the contrary, Fala improved

9. lovetvb

lovetvb Well-Known Member

Both Linda and Fala are born oversea...can't expect their accent to be perfect...it's not fit for them to act in acient series...Anyway, it's alright for me..

10. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

For me, it isn't so much Chung's pronunciation, but her acting skills; that is, she ain't got none. If you look at her body language, postures, facial expressions, et cetera; it's all just about the same no matter what. What she's doing is reading the script out loud. On the other hand, both Fala Chen and Charmaine Li, their faces and body language support what their mouths are saying. They're showing emotion, and are both much more believable in their parts.

I honestly don't see what TVB sees in her to have invested so much time, money and serial episodes. She can't act for the life of her, plus she isn't all that much to look at either; I mean, flat as a board with a face like a horse? Come on... :xd:

BTW: Fala was born in Chendu, China and moved to the US at age 15. She reportedly also holds a business baccalaureate from Emory University, class of 2005. In other words, she's certainly no dummy.

#10 ralphrepo, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  11. silentjess

silentjess Well-Known Member

wahhh so bad. i think linda chung is more of the 'simple makeup & face' look. she's ok ba.

and i'm starting to dislike Fala Chan in this drama. quite annoying, her emotions more fake.

12. fafeifa

You pretty much said all i wanted to say but i was afraid to make linda fan's upset, in case there is any -mellow

13. ralphrepo

Ha ha, you're hitting the nail on the head about the fans. But allow me to clarify; there's a major difference between liking her and liking her acting.

The best way to explain this is to flip it to some other character, say... the one that plays the Po family matriarch; one of the old timers from TVB's stable of KLF ("Keh Leh Feh" or supporting cast members). She's obviously nothing to look at (unless you're into "mothers that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole" type women. However, she plays her part completely believably. Hence, while I'm certainly not attracted to her, I think her acting is superior and flawless. This seems to hold true for the rest of TVB's KLF stable. Despite their supporting cast status, they are all really exceptional thespians. They convey the emotions required of their roles almost intuitively, and set the stage for the main characters to then move the story along. Just take a look at the one that played the head of the Po family, or the ones that play the good or evil judges, even the ones' that play the servants; they are all believable in their roles.

IMHO, it's certainly OK to like a celebrity because you think they're hot, pretty, sexy, or whatever. However, one should also realize that one's affection for a star doesn't necessarily mean that they're great actors. IMHO, some fans fail to make such a distinction. In other words, some of those Linda fans should try saying "I really like Linda Chung because she's so pretty; it's too bad she's such a poor actress."

Anyways, just my 2 cents worth.

14. Tomoya

Tomoya New Member

That's exactly it. I like Linda, but her acting skills just aren't there yet.

15. fafeifa

Well to like someone's acting to me is that you don't have to like the looks of this person it does help but looks is not everything, you have to look at the whole package and linda does not have much to she does not have looks, body, acting skills and most importantly the personality.

I think Fala does a better job as i've watched many series and she truly made me believed that it was another person in every different role she played. With linda is like OMFG more of the same. She just keeps giving the same performance and this reminds me the a lot about this other series where Steven and Linda were paired together as well (the one about dogs and vets).

To tell the truth i liked her when i watch her first series where she plays a goddess and was fun to watch but after so many series it just gives me the feeling that she has no more to offer.

Oh well such a pity TVB wasting series with bad actors but is not the first time and not the last, i remember i was so fed up of bosco and thank god i don't see him no more.

16. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

Fala has always been better than Linda. It just that she doesn't have the opportunity to really shine like Linda. Fala has taken up more supporting roles. As to why TVB invested so much in Linda, dunno why either. Perhaps the timing or individual exec's liking.

17. xhikarux

xhikarux Guest

^Because Linda is an innocent and a fresh type, her image as a singer is also innocent, while Fala have always played bitchy 3rd mistress; the other woman type. Most of her series she that kind of person plus she there were significant reports of her clubbing madly during the MR I series.

To me it looks like shes stolen most of Linda's spotlight, and tvb is heavily promoting. In the past she had stev chan now shes got a rish guy helping her to become a singer.

18. colbne

colbne Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree with you more! You have really explained very clearly what makes a good actor or not. I totally agree with you on the supporting cast. They certainly have better acting skills than some of these so-called leading actors/actresses but lacking in the looks department or too old already so of course, not given lead roles. An artiste who comes to mind is Wong Cho Lam. His acting is not great but not too bad either. However, I think no matter how much he improves, it might be an uphill climb for him to be a lead actor given his looks & built. Of course, there can be exceptions for eg. Bobby Au Yeung. He is where he is because of his acting skills. Wayne Lai is another example. It may be harder for females to overcome this barrier though if they don't have the looks.

19. xhikarux

xhikarux Guest

tvb is always about looks, the old actors who graduated in acting classes who cant get main character leads, All I can say is too bad... But sorry mate if you are tyrin to say Fala chen is better than Linda, then no way.... the China girl that cant even speak right, are you sure?

20. ralphrepo

Fala may have been born in Chendu, but she grew up in the US. Linda was born in Vancouver. IMHO, neither of them speaks Cantonese properly. But Cantonese diction is another issue; what I was referring to was their acting craft. IMHO, Fala seems much more able and versatile; Linda reminds me of a cardboard cut out. The best however, was Charmaine Li, the range in her portrayal of emotions is awesome.