Lets RATE this big production...

Discussion in 'The Drive of Life - 歲月風雲' started by tien317, Sep 22, 2007.

?

Rate the series in comparison to old Big Productions...

1. Excellent....Top of the list...

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  2. Comparable to others - quite good...

17 vote(s)
    38.6%
  3. Can be improved...

14 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. Weak...Other productions are better...

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

I watched up to episode 50 and I felt the drama only started from episode 47 and there are only little parts which are intensed in the first 45 episodes.Felt something missing in the show.What do U all think?It doesn't give me the satisfaction like watching previous TVB big productions like Cold Blood Warm Heart,A Threashold of an Era,and even Heart of Greed,etc.

2. ekyec

ekyec Member

well...i wont yet..coz i'm only just past the beginning.

but i really hate how they slowed the pace of the drama down to suit the taste of mainland china viewers.
    and also to fulfill the long episode requirement.
    it takes so long for a tiny bit of action to arise!!

and of course the dubbing still gets to me..that's the problem with these cross over dramas between different asian languages.

3. chickenutbread

chickenutbread Well-Known Member

^yeah, i'd like to watch the original version. the emotion behind the words and everything would probably make the show a little better.

me too, i thought the action started after the first half. fortunately, i didn't waste my time watching the first half but just started watching from the 30th-ish episode.

4. how can you rate it when it isn't over yet? <_<

5. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

Lol i'm only at ep 40 i think. It's been alright so far, not as good as heart of greed so far.

6. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

Hmm, i don't know what to vote for, i guess..i got to wait till the series is over.

7. loyloy100

loyloy100 Member

i just started to wath it...
    i think so far is this movie was good

8. Kaitou_Kid

Kaitou_Kid Well-Known Member

booooooooooooooooooooooooooring

9. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

Amazing Series, we all do have different opinions depending on your interest ^^

10. rockman3

rockman3 Well-Known Member

Ridiculous story line and definitely super draggy!~~ Should just have 45 episodes instead of 60... SO, I wont give high rating for this drama....... So what there are many good actors/actresses? If it is too draggy~ everyone will find it boring and just run through the whole part and not wanting to see it!!!

11. michelle7879

michelle7879 Well-Known Member

whole story, nothing special.... the promote earlier, make we all felt is very nice and very great...
    but it's not as we though and feel like the story got nothing special...plus its abit POH MA....
    not so good... tis series....

http://mic7879fans.multiply.com

michelle

12. chickenutbread

chickenutbread Well-Known Member

now that i'm done with the series, out of a scale of 10 i give it a 6. only because of some of the good actors/actresses and the partly captivating storyline that just dragged on way too long. + the ending was so cliche. no surprises there. joe ma wasn't really convincing enough. but if you want to occupy your time and get angry/shout/yell/throw things at the t.v., then be my guest. best part is the last half though.

13. Lemonginseng

Lemonginseng Member

perhaps missing a villain throughout the serie? Of course the uncle and joe ma were villains, but they weren't hardcore evil villains in a sense compared to other troublemakers.