Legacy Windows OS set to snoop just like Windows 10

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by iksxc, Sep 1, 2015.

1. So with all this disscussion on privacy / security etc... who has actually moved onto Win10 ? and have you encountered any issues with privacy?

2. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

Although I'd upgraded one of my computer to Win10, I don't use it on a daily basis. All these uncertainty on privacy with Win10 spooked me so I tend to use Win7 more. :lol:

3. lol no uncertainty.. it's certain that MS will snook on you :lol:

4. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

^Yup... force downloads coming soon if you haven't upgraded :lol:

5. so.... no need to worry.. we're all in the same boat hahah :lol:

6. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

You still haven't upgraded yet H!?

7. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

H!

The force upgrade is only if you have Windows Updates on auto.

"Redmond was careful to say that these unwanted bits will only be pushed out to people "who have chosen to receive automatic updates through Windows Update. Yet receiving automatic updates is the default setting, and switching it off, of course, means you'll be endangering your system by not receiving potentially critical security updates."

So for the folks like Jeff, there will not be a force upgrade! :lol::lol:

8. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

iksxc

I don't know what makes you think that I'm still on Windows 7, because 1) I already stated I've been W10 user since day 1 and 2) I already posted about how I opted for "notify to download update".

9. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

Jeff

Sorry dude, I wasn't alluding to the fact that you didn't upgrade, I just quoted you because I remember you explicitly said you disable automatic updates.

I also remember someone saying updates via Win7 or 8 is done through updates and that Win10 is tied to the kernel so it's still safer to run older Win. version if you have an option.

10. H! upgraded ages ago! lol

I installed on my PC and notebook remember - the notebook install was missing a few drivers but got there in the end. I have to say though, So far I don't mind win 10... might go as far as saying i prefer it over win 8/8.1 (Y)

11. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I was never a fan of Windows Update. Ever since I had the slightly above knowledge about computers, I always had it disabled.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. :lol: yea, you learn to distrust everything on the interwebs very quickly hahaha