Lee Hyori is Amy Winehouse Wannabe?

Discussion in 'Korean Entertainment' started by candy10013, Jul 2, 2008.

1. candy10013

candy10013 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

fter being plagued by plagiarism issues over her second album “Dark Angel” in 2006, Lee Hyori new album “It’s HYORISH” has once again been labelled as a copycat. But this time it’s not over the songs but Hyori’s image concept.

Hyori’s new album image concept and promotional videos had been simultaneously released over the internet in the past weeks. But eagle-eyed netizens have subsequently pointed out that her new image concept is almost similar to English singer-songwriter, Amy Winehouse. The hair, the makeup, the clothing and even their poses are almost the same.

When quizzed about this, her label, MNet Entertainment expressed, “We thank everyone for their concern towards Lee Hyori. But it’s quite a perplexing issue for us since the album hasn’t even been released yet. If you say that the makeup is copying someone, that really puts us in a spot. We believe that the plagiarism rumors will die down once the album is released.”

This incident was not the first time the Korean pop industry has been accused of plagiarism, especially for Lee Hyo Ri where the songwriters of Britney Spears’ single “Do Somethin” accused the “Get Ya” songwriters of plagiarism back in 2006. Some publicity for Hyori’s album which will be out on 25th July.

Credits: Alvin Lim @ Coolsmurf Domain

2. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

o no...i dont mind if She's an Amy Winehouse lookalike wannebe but as long she dont pick up the drug habits of Amy...its fine...o_O

3. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

are you kidding me......i don't care if hyori dresses in worst looking styles ever, she'll still look better than amy winehouse. To say it the guys way: it's basically comparing the girl i love to fuck to a girl i wouldn't even wanna touch.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

Maybe she'll start getting some tattoos and wear a heart shaped hair clip in her hair o_O

Edit: sorry but this is suppose to go in the Korean Entertainment bit right?

5. keep korean news in the korean section. thanks.

6. lovinglyxx

lovinglyxx Well-Known Member

are you serious? i can't believe you even came up with this conclusion! amy winehouse- i can't STAND her, her habits, her hair, her body- her appearance! she was stumbling all over the place when performing at glastonbury (it's this huge concert weekend in england- lots of different bands/musicians, it's a bit thing over here). what is with her beehive! urgh!

7. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lol but one thing should be straighten out. amy sings way better than she looks and hyori vice versa.

8. Chibi12

Chibi12 Well-Known Member

her hair style and makeup does look like amy winehouses' but she looks alot better in it! Though does she really wana copy an image of a drug addict with a criminal husband and looks like she's a hooker from the streets?!

9. lovinglyxx

lovinglyxx Well-Known Member

ok so i don't really like what winehouse was weraring because that dress is obviously way too tight for her!
    but at least she looked healthy before!! (i think around 2004? or sometime like that).. what happened?

[​IMG]
    source: http://www.bullmoosestrikesback.com/blog

10. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

seriously, cant really say copy or not copy...if you think about it, music and movie industries tend to copy other people's music

its just normal

11. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

doesnt really matter if hyori is a so called amy winehouse wannabe... still will look better than her
    plus its not like we havent seen other stars copy other star's style or anything

12. wysandman

wysandman Well-Known Member

it's funny how some ppl make such a big deal out this.

13. D-Kimbo

D-Kimbo Well-Known Member

wow amy winehouse comparison?

thats got to be an insult to Hyori....lol

but i gotta agree with NewAzNSensation..haha

14. sillumjay

sillumjay Well-Known Member

pshttt this is an insult to hyori!!! hmmm damm that copycat tag is gonna follow hyori forever =[