Learning Vietnamese

Discussion in 'Vietnamese Chat' started by dannyt619, Apr 26, 2006.

1. HuynhDe

HuynhDe Member

Vietnamese is very easy to learn. I speak English, Vietnamese, and Chinese. For those who Chinese and English will find Vietnamese easy to learn. Why:
    Vietnamese shares a lot of Chinese root. For example, PLACE VN= DIA PHUONG CHN=TIA FANG
    Girl VN=CO NUONG CHIN=KU NOONG
    Nation VN=QUOC GIA CHIN=KOK KA

Vietnamese has simple sentence structure like Chinese and simple writing like English.

2. HuynhDe

HuynhDe Member

All bananas, come to learn Chinese and Vietnamese from me :)

3. sytan

sytan Member

yeah it's one of the hardest languages to learn in the world. I'm proud of it being my first language :p

4. trangtwo

trangtwo Well-Known Member

Man I'm Viet and it is soo hard. I'm 19 and I can't read and understand Viet. There's like a gazillion different ways to pronounce one word lol (not really, jk haha). The marks are soo hard. I sound retarded trying to read an entire paragraph in Viet.

I can read better in Spanish and Korean romanization. So sad.

5. finalturn135

finalturn135 Member

hahah i think u should take time and maybe watch Hongkong series that viet speaking hahah, if u are all ready kno English then u can learn Viet easily iguess. It also depend on u too...if u willing too learn it or not . But yeah from my point of view then i think it easy cuz i m viet but maybe ppl found it hard. But there are alot of white ppl who can speak n understand Viet fluently . That 'z a big suprise for ppl who can speak their origin language !!

6. xunx

xunx Well-Known Member

Ohhh everyone say viet hard to learn??? haha well aint i lucky cause i can speeaak and type a bit but for writing heck no i mess all up.... but that good for a 100% chinese right?

7. s0uljae

s0uljae Well-Known Member

ya vietnamese is hard to learn

8. ArcAngel414

ArcAngel414 Member

Probably, if you don't have any exposure to the language, you're not going to get very far. The best way to learn would be total immersion where you're forced to speak it regularly.

9. Vietnamese isn't hard to learn..... at least i don't think it is... it's just like any other language... i think its a lot easier than most other Asian languages....

10. mvtt388

mvtt388 Active Member

if some1 is learning vietnamese , go to this website it mabe help u some
    www.vdict.com

11. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

lol..i hear my parents speak it at times...then i ask them what it means ^^
    thats how i learn some viet =P

12. kenryuakuma

kenryuakuma Active Member

Leee...Chinese will have a hard time learing Vietnamese because of the accents and pronounciation. But in grammar, they are just about the same. I am talking about both Chinese and Vietnamese. Once you are able to grasp the accent, you will on the road of success. Remember, no pain no gain.

13. im vietnamese, and i prob wouldn't say it was hard to learn at all...although vietnamese schơl wasn't the best, i did learn my alphabets, its almost the same as french because of the history there, so if u know viet, then french would b a brêeze i fêl

14. dotconnect

dotconnect New Member

it is hard for me, i only know how to speak it, cant write or read,

15. lyhoa05

lyhoa05 Member

I don't think it has any difficulty of learning Vietnamese-innocent2 when you already Know how

16. hoangleeshy

hoangleeshy New Member

Vietnamese is really hard.I 'm Vietnamese and I think Vietnamese is one of the most difficult language of the world

17. Tru_EnCyx

Tru_EnCyx Member

lmaooo i find vietnamese the easiest language to learn.. its just like english but with different pronounciations, theres like different 'sounds' aswell =) i find it rather cool hehehe chinese on the other hand is T_T so bladdy ard >.<'

em / anh biet doc tieng viet khong? .. (might have spelt the 'doc' as in 'read' wrong.. i havent been to vietnamese class in yonks hehe ^^,)

18. bigminh

bigminh Active Member

all the languages are the same if you put your mind and effort to it, you will master it. co cong mai sat, co ngay nen kim.

19. midnight_blues

midnight_blues Active Member

i do agree.. its really easy to learn it... :D even my korean and philipinno friends learns quick...

20. ^ they learn how to cuss first..... and then order food and then if they are still intersted how to pick up viet girls LOL..... its always the same process for friends to learn a language you know