Learning Japanese

Discussion in 'Japanese Chat' started by brown_bear, Nov 30, 2005.

1. syy2423

syy2423 Member

ya i kinda agree with you:) watching lots of anime helped me pick up some simple japanese sentense structure and phrases.. and now to my horror i know 90% of what is being taught in my elementary japanese course...:(

2. mmeranger

mmeranger Member

頑張って下さいね。あきらめなくてくときっと上手になるぞ。

3. mmeranger

mmeranger Member

don't learn from anime, japanese will laugh at you if you speak like they do in anime. watch dorama and don't give up!

4. AbZoNyX

AbZoNyX Well-Known Member

LMAO I actually learned alot of Japanese watching anime and I gotta say it does help if you actually read the word then like hear how it sounds like and then like repeat it in your head, like 2 words per show.. I guess.. I mean don't completely like rely on this, I mean taking lessons is so much better, because if you talked the way they did in anime shows then Japanese people would just frown upon you..lol

5. PearlC

PearlC Active Member

ahhhhh i need 2 learn japanese....goin to Tokyo soon

6. Da-HaXx0r

Da-HaXx0r Well-Known Member

Erm.... Repeating expressions learnt from anime.... Been there, done that.... Y'know how hot looking seme characters usually use the words 'ore' to address themselves and 'omae' to others? .... Well I kinda used that a bit whilst I was in Japan and people looked at me like they thought I was in the gangster or something.... (I'm female, so using 'ore', which is a really male/up-yourself way of addressing oneself kinda scared a few people.... Especially the elderlies) Whoops. ^-^;;

7. im gona start learning tomorrow, i bought the full linguaphone package and im downloading a bunch of Jdramas. Wish me luck :)

8. tamagodaisuki

for those who are learning, be sure to be practicing your speaking skills with other people. i spent 2 yrs learning it back in hs, but since i had no one to talk with in japanese, i eventually forgot it........

9. ryoko

ryoko Member

Yeah, particles are the worst to understand and to know where to put it

10. Loreen66

Loreen66 Well-Known Member

I planning to learn japanese when I have free time. So far picking up a few words from movies and drama's XD.

11. alan_luo_wifeyy

alan_luo_wifeyy Active Member

I speak fluent Cantonese, Mandarin, and English! I also know a little of Japenese, Korean, Spanish, and French.. I want to learn Vietnamese :D

12. davu4eva

davu4eva Well-Known Member

i wanna learn Jap...did u guys Self teach? or used Text book....cause i wanna self teach/not pay...any good tips?

13. kianu

kianu Well-Known Member

I'm Learning German....and it's so boring and difficult ...damn those germans

14. KaitouJeanne

KaitouJeanne Member

Hehe I took Japanese lessons for four years. Tried to keep some of it back in my brain by reading manga in japanese. It works cuz im a manga addict.

But watching jdrama with subs helps too. There are also sites like babel fish that does translation, but it is not necesary accurate.

Another way is probably going to a japanese bookstore because they have textbooks for learning japanese usually.

15. novazcotiafan

novazcotiafan Active Member

japanese must be harder to learn than, say, chinese. that's because they have more than one alphabet.

16. scottiewolfe

scottiewolfe Well-Known Member

I've been learning on n off for two years with a book. I still don't get half the stuff I hear in movies.

17. ArcAngel414

ArcAngel414 Member

Learning any language is hard because you have to keep up with it every day. if you don't you'll start to lose on the first hour. The best way to keep learning after you hit that plateau is to keep reading something you're interested in, maybe the Japanese version of Harry Potter.

18. asiangang

asiangang Well-Known Member

whao..i didnt know that.

19. Davidwen

Davidwen Member

If you watch tons of anime you'll end up understanding what's being said but not able to speak it correctly in a conversation.

20. s0uljae

s0uljae Well-Known Member

in my opinion japanese is hard, because of the japanese language characters has it looks very similar to chinese which gotten me confuse at time to time