Learning Japanese

Discussion in 'Japanese Chat' started by brown_bear, Nov 30, 2005.

1. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

Hey, I've just started to learn japanese and i'm finding it soo difficult especially writing in hirigana or katakana but i enjoy it though :D

Is anybody else learning japanese or any other langauges and finding it very difficult?

2. aznrice

aznrice Well-Known Member

cant write but i can speak some ^^
    i know about five but i can only speak lol can only write english
    i know viet,cantonese,mandarine,chow chown (i think thats how it spell), and english ^^ only know how to say a bit jap

3. brown_bear

^ hey thats quite impressive still i mean i can speak cantonese a little but cant read or write it, studied french as a 2nd language so i know a bit of that and now im learning japanese :) oh yeh and english of course xx

4. Fobstar

Fobstar Guest

have u guys tried using pimsleur ? i tried a few lessons of those and it helps a bit

5. FongFong85

FongFong85 Active Member

I have this book here with lots of sentences in Japanese: it's called: "Make out in Japanese"
    funny book.. there is a chapter which teaches you to scold in Jap =P

6. popalopa

popalopa Well-Known Member

Yeah I read it also, very funny. I am also studying japanese and I can say that is is not an easy language at all. But well, I know languages that are harder than this. And my friend told me, "If I was able to learn French, you can learn Japanese". I hope, than in 10 years, I'll be able to be bilingual :)

7. KrAznGirl

KrAznGirl Well-Known Member

ya'll learn chinese, i notice that maybe 80 percent of japanese words are actually chinese, whats with that?

8. brown_bear

erm i'm not too sure either but ive noticed it as well hee hee

9. aznrice

aznrice Well-Known Member

80% of japanese words are chinese because japanese long time ago were chinese for example there were group of chineses one group dislike this group ruling and left to form their own and make up their own culture so there it is japanese

10. FongFong85

FongFong85 Active Member

Learning to talk Japanese is easy. You have romanji everywhere. It's a little bit harder if you want to write in Kanji. Hirigana & katakana aren't that hard. There are lots of chinese characters.. so I think if you can speak+write Chinese, it would be much easier. Some words they speak are almost the same as in Chinese, it's weird

11. brown_bear

god, i'm so ashamed in talking in japanese as i sound like a proper foreigner saying words reslly broken up like: wa-ta-sh-i-wa and really slowly but in my defence im still learning it hee hee :D

12. vtecr8cer

vtecr8cer Member

i want to learn japanese

13. paportforce

paportforce Member

i'm learning japanese and it's so much fuN! yea, it's hard sometimes figuring out the grammar and stuff, but it's fun! well, i know chinese so it's slightly favorable to me cuz i'd know the kanji. ^_^

14. singlung2099

singlung2099 Well-Known Member

I can only understand my lauguages but can't really speak them that well which is quite weird cause I can read better than I can speak (Vietnamese, Cantonese, Manderin, Chiu Chow, French)

15. sp-lork

sp-lork Well-Known Member

dunno how to write in jap..but am learning. only know basic jap..but honestly, i think im terrible at it =)

16. kittykat_meow

kittykat_meow Active Member

Japanese is cool...everyone wants to learn it now cause of all those jap games and anime ^^

17. Ravinaziankid

Ravinaziankid Member

Haha yeah...but its so hard to learn.

18. Choy1314

Choy1314 Well-Known Member

i love to learn it .....

19. aichideoando

aichideoando Member

Japanese, nice language and relatively easy too.

20. brown_bear

^ what..... the language must just come easy to you as i seem to find it relatively difficult :(