Law of Attraction

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by S.N.Gaara, Dec 17, 2008.

1. S.N.Gaara

S.N.Gaara Well-Known Member

Recently my friends been talking about this law... called the law of attraction. All you've gotta do is think positive and think about w.e you want alot and it'll come tru.. correct me if im wrong i don't kno much about it

Anyone else think this is too good to be tru? -sweat

2. no its true u just gotta want it bad enough, your subconscious will work towards it.

3. burpyierz

burpyierz Well-Known Member

i want Song Hye Kyo to be my wife badly
    but it still doesnt work :(

4. if u wanted it bad enough you would be auditioning for korean movies or last i heard hollywood

5. indeed if you truely wanted something that it reaches your sub conscious then you will work towards it instinctively...... sounds about right...

6. matethemouse

matethemouse Well-Known Member

if the law says something like "just wish AND work for it very hard and you will someday get it", it may work but if just wish for it, not likely (girls take a look at a jewelry behind a glass window and wish to get it very much the jewelry isn't going to suddenly be in your hands)

7. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

8. matethemouse

It was from this show I got the excample (just can't remember where I saw it before)

9. The law of attraction isn't something that was invented just for "the secret" dvd its basically a principle if you can put it in different words thats been around and applied by successful and very influential people for thousands of years, hence the name "The Secret" I would think. An example would be If you wanted good grades you would not slack or skip , you'd study or complete your work every free moment you know you can spare on it and you'd be sure to end up with a %90+ or losta free time afterwards but in reality you know most of us won't and you wonder why and how all the nerds you know you are way smarter then get higher marks. The same can be applied to many differen't things, if you study almost every self made millionaire they will tell you the same thing but in different words which is basically "the law of attraction" so its no suprise that only %5-3 of the world population control the worlds wealth. There are poor people with visions and determination being made every day but you know, common people like us who think this is bullshit and focus negatively on what we can't do will succeed right?

you can fail 1000 times but if you keep trying eventually you will suceeded at least once. That is exactly what the kfc guy did , they rejected his recipie 1000+ times at different stores until 1 place accepted it and look where he is now.

If you set goals in life you will always work towards it, if you set a new goal every week and write it down on paper your mind will want to do it.

botton line is , "i want it and i can and i know i can vs i simply can't its too hard for me and i'm not sure"

if you can change your mind to think positive like that you will get very far in life in everything you do.

now all i need to do is to apply it :laugh: more often but it works as there are times i backtrack myself from saying that i can't and just went for it saying i can and you know what? it comes true.

10. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

^
    I think I have tears in my eyes

11. moor_moth

moor_moth Well-Known Member

LOL hadouken's serious about this shit man! dw i know something youve been wishing for and that you will get...

12. S.N.Gaara

S.N.Gaara Well-Known Member

Hmm thanks for the serious reply. Sounds like it'll really werk I'll try my best! Setting goals weekly sounds like a good idea aswell :p

13. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

@mate: Chasers War On Everything. That episode caused a minor controversy as that old dude complained been called a pedophile, while really it was him giving his grandson a new bike ROFL.

Also I think that this whole law of attraction isn't really true at all but a bit bias...
    It's quite hard for me to explain in words, so I'll try to explain through an example.

David is a 14 year old kid (Just to highlight that he does not have enough power in the society to achieve the goal himself), wants a GBASP and a GameCube and he thinks positive about it and believes that he'll get it. And one day his dad bought a GBASP for him. He'll think that the Law of Attraction works.

But he does not get the GameCube and his dad refuses, even when the wii starts arriving. But David doesn't think that the Law of Attraction doesn't work.

Summary: Only positive factors are accounted for Law of Attraction, not the negative points. Therefore supporting the existence of Law of Attraction

And like Akki and ang said, your subconscious will work towards it, then we can't say it is the Law of Attraction, since we will classify this as a goal instead.

Overall I think Law of Attraction is just another name of goal and some smart ass made up this term trying to rack up some money in getting people to buy books and DVDs about it.

14. i only use the word law of attraction to summarize a way of thinking rather then spell it out in a thousand words but if you take it literally like that little bit of video then you are lost.

if david wanted that game he would ask for an allowance or simply do something to make his dad feel he deserves it. Isn't it obvious that just by staring at something you are not going to get it unless you act upon it. You just don't take that stuff literally but rather the philosophy behind it.

15. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

looks like i wasn't clear in that example, i knew that this will happen lol
    the example is mainly focused on him working for it and hoping his dad thinks he deserve it. But sometimes him deserving it doesn't mean he must get it.

16. if he doesn't get it then he can say next time not now but he'll get it , as long as the goal is there and realistic unlike marrying some1 elses wife or asking for a trillion dollars.

if you can change to way you think about everything around you and be positive then the world would change for you and so does everything else.

you can do the same and think negative then you'd feel that everyone is against you or your luck just sucks

17. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

i think its true and i agree that if you want something badly...you will work towards it....well
    you either work towards it or you find other ways of getting it....but i also think luck has plays
    a role too....

18. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

omg...u know what...my cousins swear by it n bought books n dvds n their like into that shit....so i thought ima give it a go
    i read like half of that book "the secret"n then i was like wtfff.... this is like absolutely SHIET.... lol...
    its sorta like a book full of brainwashing material.... so i just put it aside...n i dun even remember where it is now but yea it was a waste of money :(
    n those authors got so rich too...dang...

too good to be true la...

19. its not an instant fix or anything (or sometimes it can be) its a motivational tool and a way of thinking , if you do not want to change then no matter what anyone tells you good, you are not going to. But if you take it seriously and want to change your life and apply what successful people apply then you will in the end receive the same benefits as they do. Its not rocket science, its fact but as i say, most people do not change until they hit rock bottom and common people just live in a void not sure of themselves until they reach a certain age when they might be really old and one day just wake up and everything clicks.

now for the secret, its a very very vague description and weak video of the things successful people use and apply in order to be what they can be.

if you think this is all bullshit then you can read biographies or ask almost any successful person how it is that they got to where they are and they will tell you the same thing in different words which is the values, principles and qualities they have on themselves.

Its not a scam but a wake up tool most of us don't realize we have, but if you get into it , motivational stuff its way deeper then what the secret has to offer.

Like buying gym equipment or membership you have to wanting to use it to know the benefits and that's the hardest part to get through.

this is a prime example of most of us would say (sorry bb) but you know what the %3 realizes? thats all bs , you make your own luck. Do you really think people get rich by just being lucky? or because they secure a job at the top of the office that they are just lucky? the average millionaire isn't lucky in fact they fail on avearge 16 businesses/start ups be4 1 makes them so would they say they are unlucky or lucky? its true maybe .1% may get lucky but for the most part luck has nothing to do with it but rather what they make of it themselves.

20. matethemouse

how larger the role of luck has depends (as everything) on the situation. Let us imagine that you flowing though the space in your spacesuit (without any kind of tools or anything that could impart the surrounding). In this situation it al depends on how lucky your are for a spaceship to find you and "beam" in even though every part of you want to be saved.