Korea's Got Talent Sung-Bong Choi

Discussion in 'Korean Chat' started by khaotic, Jun 6, 2011.

1. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

[video=youtube;BewknNW2b8Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BewknNW2b8Y[/video]

This made my day. Hope his life gets better from here on out.

2. Amazing. Thanks for sharing TT.

3. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

I wish him nothing but success in the future with his talents

4. reno

reno Well-Known Member

all the best!!!
    put a smile to the day

5. anybody else laughed out loud when they read the name.. Sung Bong Choi.. lol

but wow.. what a story.. and I was totally not expecting the way he was singing lol.. some susan boyle ish...

girl @3:15 had the chills from his voice. Hope this kid gets signed.

6. reno

reno Well-Known Member

not to take anything away... but apparently he went to arts (singing) school, but never finished...

7. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Reminds me of the Variety Show Qualifications of Men when he sang "Nella Fantasia."

He's got talent but I feel like the judges/show know about his situation and used it to boast ratings. They know we are all suckers for these type of stories.

8. zack55555

zack55555 Well-Known Member

haven't we seen this already... paul potts, susan boyle. sigh. there are many talented people out there who are struggling just as much as this guy. don't have to cry about it like a baby.

9. Cool story bro. Go post elsewhere that people give a shit.

10. Also, not to take anything away (he does have a great voice) but how did he learn to read and write if he lived alone since the age of 5... cause he mentioned he passed his elementary and middle school GED assessments....

11. lol exactly.. come on now.. no way a homeless guy can sing like that..

he can't pay for singing lessons from selling bubblegum.. no matter how much he sold...

12. reno

reno Well-Known Member

apparently they edited the bits where he said he went to school (didn't say how he afforded to go to school tho)

13. kevin

kevin RAWR!

aww asking such awkward question like leaving the parent section blank and asking what he do for working. for BGT they just go straight to the talent bit.
    Are you going to sing today? o_0 you foreals asking that question. One of the judge don't even look Korean, look liknda turkish race.hmm

His voice is surprisingly amazing Susan Boyle indeed!
    Natural talent for practising by himself. Hope all goes well for him.

14. lol "turkish race" :facepalm:

15. zack55555

zack55555 Well-Known Member

^^^ this. paul potts and susan boyle both recorded albums and performed as professional singers before, but nobody knew that until they've become famous. i hate the fact that they only revealed half of the truth.

being talented is one thing, but using sob stories to gain sympathies right before the competition is another.

16. yea.. and was the kid really that 'ow' or what cause he really didn't show any emotions during the interview.. and later when they picked him.. he was just looking like nothing happened..

17. Does it really matter in the end? If the kid's story is true, who gives a shit if he took classes with Pavarotti. It's an inspirational story, and in the end, that's all people care about. I don't see the purpose in picking minor issues like that.

If the kid's story is true, he's been through hell since he was 5. That probably means that he's harden up, so it's normal that he doesn't show any emotions.

Not even sure why people are expecting any kind of emotion out of a kid whose lived his entire life on the streets, and hardened up like metal.

18. ^ that is nice point.... maybe he is very closed off.... survival instincts got the better of him you never know.....

the kid definitely has a voice... and i think he didn't need the background story but if it is true than that helps a lot

19. shadowchi

shadowchi ~~♫ ♫ ♪ Himitsu ♪ ♫ ♫ ~~

Have heard/seen some sadder people/ stories, though this isnt the issue, its about his talent.
    As far as that, not my type of genre, decent and room for improvement.

20. no man.. no...

the kid was selling bubble gum and energy drinks for 10 years.. and now he's selling that crack..