Korean ppl and Chinese hate?

Discussion in 'Korean Chat' started by dawgxmaster, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yr20405

yr20405 Member

well the north koreans are allys with china then you have south korea which in terms isn't very happy with the north so that could be the matter of some hatred going on. it's like the british hate germany from previous wars, georgia hate russia.

2. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

The PRC nominally became ally to the DPRK only because Mao thought that Stalin would share the secret of the atomic bomb. Mao sacrificed about a million Chinese lives in what was the first of the Soviet proxy wars with America in the hopes that, by acting in solidarity with the Soviets, even at the cost of Chinese troops, that Stalin would give him an atomic weapon or two. Stalin laughed all the way to the bank. He attempted to take over the Korean peninsula; failed, but got Mao to foot the bill.

Nowadays, the PRC looks upon the DPRK as their ally in the same terms that the US looks upon Mexico. Sure they're our ally, but keep them in the kitchen or by the dishwasher, where they're not seen or heard; and God forbid they ever try to marry one of our daughters. The whole area just north of the China - DPRK border is full of North Korean illegal immigrants. Ask any politician in the PRC, if they had to marry off their daughter to a North Korean or to an American, who would they choose as a son in law? Despite their professed idealogic leanings, people will still vote with their feet.

Ralph

#42 ralphrepo, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  3. surplusletterbox

surplusletterbox Well-Known Member

The answer is to be found in your heart and not your mouth.
    La réponse se trouve dans votre coeur et pas dans votre bouche.
    Die Antwort findet sich in dein Herz und nicht in den Mund.
    대답은 '당신의 마음이 아니라는 입 안에에서 발견합니다.

#43 surplusletterbox, Aug 30, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  4. HarunaH

HarunaH Member

well, thank god that isn't happening here. If it was here in the netherlands, i would move away straight away. But yeah, as most people say. it's just racism. Cause, for i am, the Chinese and korean people are on good terms.

5. dvd

dvd Well-Known Member

some koreans do think they are better than other races just look at some korean only forums. pretty sad state of affairs I must say.

6. ralphrepo

Every ethnicity, culture, or nationality has their own Mental Masturbation forums; places where they can puff out their collective chests and shout,

"We da best, :punk: better than all the rest... :punk: Ooo ooo feel so good, I's a coming..." -^_^

The really hilarious part of these kinds of groups, is when one or two "foreigners" mistakenly come aboard, and begin to question their views. Then the sparks begin to fly as all the "regulars" come to defend their emotional inflatable doll. Sorta like, "how dare you insult my girlfriend!" But when it comes to "us only" forums, the Koreans really don't have anything on the Chinese. When it comes to nationalism, some of the Chinese groups and the things they talk about would scare the pants off of you. -devil One of the things that I've noticed also, is that many many Chinese groups, though critical of others, rarely, if ever, turn the same kind of honest spotlight on themselves or China. There seems to be a collective aversion to facing facts and the knee jerk defense always seems to be, 'You're China Bashing!' when there's nothing else to say. No nation is perfect; all have good as well as bad.

Ralph

7. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

Well .. supposedly .. after 3 decades/generations sorta speak .. everything and everyone should move on with their lives with what happened during the Japanese rule. But .. that doesn't sit well with older generation .. and kids from older and traditional clans passed on that hatred. Korean after all is a very conservative nation and still is considering the mass changes around the globe and within the nation itself .. it's somewhat incredible to see a nation maintaining its values and traditions well when things around are conspiring against it. As for Chinese .. not so much as the Japanese but still some sentimental "bad blood".

8. megus729

megus729 Member

It's just certain people being narrow-minded. I'm not Korean but work around them at my job. I've never had any issues so far with them hating on Chinese people...although one Korean co-worker did say that she would not consider dating a Japanese guy...she kind of said the same thing for Korean guys too...LoL!

9. LyuShiki

LyuShiki Well-Known Member

well. most of the people i know is friendly with everyone unless something happens regardless the race. That might just be the past or something? :O

10. s0uljae

s0uljae Well-Known Member

many korean they do not hate chinese. but, they just got too much pride in themselves. koreans also hate to be called chinese b.c. many nationalities dislike us and like to make fun of us. for example, chinky eye, ching ching cching, etc.

11. ralphrepo

I seriously doubt that that is unique to Koreans; sadly, it seems to be rather an overseas pan Asian experience based on anti-Asian racism and stereotyping. -dead

Ralph

12. dvd

dvd Well-Known Member

us asian should unite and stop infighting and take over the western world.-lol

13. ralphrepo

I agree, but unfortunately, that is easier said than done. Asians can be just as prejudiced and taught to hate with the best of them. Just look at how the Japanese, Korean, and Chinese treat the darker Asians and that will provide ample clues. When we're not hating each other, we're busy looking down on the color spectrum.

As a total sidebar from all this, with the population's general decline in Japan, and the drop in numbers of available single women of marrying age (as a demographic result of the one child policy) in China, I think that intermarriage between the traditional lighter and darker skinned Asians will happen much more frequently. This is eventually going to have an profound impact on our social perceptions of other cultures. For example, in the US, Canada, and other western nations; a century ago, the idea of a European or White American marrying someone of Black, Asian, or Latino origins used to be considered unheard of. If an interracial couple walked by with their offspring today, in most large cities, no one will give you a second glance.

Hopefully, Asians too, may also have a pan cultural social revolution; where we can learn to accept each other, as well as others.

Ralph

14. tekkamatch

tekkamatch Member

lol i thought the koreans were koo with the chinese cuz china is selling them weapons?

15. ggya

ggya Member

Lol, should ask them WHY they hate chinese people. Bet their excuse will be weak.

16. dawgxmaster

dawgxmaster Well-Known Member

not really. you just gotta be a sexyboy

17. shijiko_7

shijiko_7 Member

Hmm. Chinese, Korean, Japanese or wherever u come from, don't we all have 2 eyes, one nose, one mouth, a pair of ears, pairs of hand and legs? What makes anyone different while we are all the same? Why seperate ourselves with colors, race or religion? It is sad on how the world has evolved... If you put 3 kids below the age of 2, together.. what do they do? they play with each other like frens... if you put 3 adults together, what do they do? they PLAY each other like fiends... Why can we see the world in a simplier way? just my 2 cents cause I am sad to see what the world has become.. what will our children have to face? ...

18. well now time to snap back to reality...... because frankly speaking prejudice will never go away..... there will always be hate and corruption every way you turn..... only way to make this kind of world work would have to take away peoples feelings... and that is just unethical

19. shijiko_7

shijiko_7 Member

yea.. it is just how the world works..

20. KitYing

KitYing Well-Known Member

hmm, one of my closest friends is korean...
    BUT she did stated once that koreans don't date chinese people...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.