Korean ppl and Chinese hate?

Discussion in 'Korean Chat' started by dawgxmaster, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dawgxmaster

dawgxmaster Well-Known Member

I have korean friends and sometimes they go racist against chinese people. Is it just them or korean ppl have problems with chinese?

2. AznSinoBoy

AznSinoBoy Well-Known Member

I think it's just them?

3. lovelysky

lovelysky Member

I can't understand!
    maybe because of my poor English

4. bbes

bbes Incredible

its just them i believe, don't see why there would be a necessary hatred against the chinese.

5. frostshards

frostshards Well-Known Member

ye i have a friend who wont stop makig chinese people cracks either. but i dot thnk there are any conflicts in the home countries.

6. realazyjai

realazyjai Well-Known Member

its just hatred towards certain people i suppose. I'm sure everyones abit racist but just dont like admitting to it, as in i have pretty cool korean friends, but certain koreans just piss me off depending on the way they act.

7. adrianc

adrianc Well-Known Member

hmmm...intersting....i have korean friends here in Montreal and I dont find them racist against chinese...in fact, I find their culture alot like the chinese...they have several dishes that they call "fusion:...e,g,,chinese, korean and japanese...maybe I;m lucky with my korean friends...think most of them is pretty funny...

8. bbes

bbes Incredible

ye that wat u should expect, the culture to be similar as they live in the same part of the world.

9. pityfulblue

pityfulblue Member

yea omgsh my high school korean dominated and for some random reasons they're always hating on chinese ppl. only a few were really nice....i can understand japanese and chinese w/ war world 2 but korea and china?....

10. uberberries

uberberries Active Member

hmmm i dunt think this has anything to do with the two countries :T
    i guess its just racisum?

11. xxloserrolliexx

xxloserrolliexx Well-Known Member

I think it totally depends in the person..
    I have a friend who has a friend that is dating a Korean guy...Chinese + Korean
    ..i went to a Korean restaurant...and they were nice to us...
    I like Korean music and I am Chinese...
    so..it really depends on the person....

12. lala_bel_tempo

lala_bel_tempo Well-Known Member

they seem un-educated. Where i live, korean , chinese, vietnamese, japanese etc...

we all get along.

13. lala_bel_tempo

lala_bel_tempo Well-Known Member

and yeah..

14. MunMun

MunMun Well-Known Member

I don't think this applies to all Koreans.
    I went out with a Korean guy and I'm Chinese

15. personal grudge i suppose its usually korean and japanese people who have like a hate barrier -shrug

16. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

y does koreans have beef wit the chinese? we're all asians. we're family. shouldnt be any beef around the asians.......especially here in america.

17. well i know for sure alot of asian countries , have a grudge for the japanese as they've occupied a few and did some unforgivable brutal things and have yet to apologize.

and pretty much korean culture was heavily influenced by china in the past and up till about 10 years ago when their unbanned japanese imports korean people knew hollywood and hong kong for entertainment but not so much now though.

18. bbes

bbes Incredible

ang has spoken! but ye there shouldn't be a grudge between them, ang makes a good point about there used to be gd relations.

19. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Often, people that are not sure of themselves and who they are, will "put down" another group in order to bolster their feelings of self worth (as in: I don't know who I am, but I know I'm better than him because of...). The criteria for this distinction is generally artificial and only seems to matter to the those that rely on it. It is usually something that affects the early adult age groups as these are people who generally have the greatest pressure to prove self worth in a world where increasing acceptance of responsibility is demanded of them.

But as time goes by and people get older, they generally realize that there are more similarities between people than differences. So, you can tell your friends that there are plenty of young Chinese who go racist against Koreans for artificial reasons; but not to worry because the young Chinese tend to lose their stupidity as they get older; just like young Koreans.

Ralph

20. bbes

bbes Incredible

ye that is quite true, as they mature and start to understand the world better, they realise how stupid they were before. then again u do get some who just don't change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.