Korean Economy

Discussion in 'Korean Chat' started by subzor, Jan 21, 2009.

1. subzor

subzor Well-Known Member

hey any of u guys know much about their economy? (south korea ofc)

like what's their interest rate, inflation rate, depreciation of the won, and the gov stimulus packages? thanks a bunch :punk:

2. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

LOL... Please learn to do your own homework, Hint: most simple statistics about any nation is available on Wiki or google with a few clicks. Consider yourself lucky. In my day, we had to actually get ourselves physically to the library and look up shit in a reference book... :ohnoes:

PS. if you want a really good site to delve into intimate details about any country anywhere in the world: http://www.globalsecurity.org/index.html
    Or, try the CIA World Factbook (and yes, the real CIA, your tax dollars at work) just select the country that you want to know about in the drop down menu. By far the easiest to use for quick but in depth reference material on a whole host of national statistics for any country in the world.

LOL... Don't forget to thank me if you get an A.

#2 ralphrepo, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  3. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

^ reference book = them ubbbbbber big/old/heavy/dusty encyclopedias that have like 50 volumes..?:kekekegay:

4. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

LOL, correct. And the shitty part was, they were always in the "No Borrow" section, meaning that you had to come back over the course of a few days to really read or copy the section that you needed. Even if you made xerox copies (now there's an old term for you), it would cost an arm and a leg and the paper printed out was crap. And if someone else had already signed out the one copy that the library had, then tough shit. You had to either wait or go to another library. But generally, if the project was a class assignment on one particular rare item, then the entire class' kids were trying to look up the same thing at the same time. That usually meant that every library for miles around had their reference book on that item perpetually signed out. :tear:

Again, kids nowadays should all have PHDs with the ease of educational resources that are available at the fingertip. How I envy them. :bowdown:

5. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

^ hahaha @ the "no borrow" section....now its new and called the 'reference section'..-lol

i heard..when ya used to try and photocopy the pages it wasnt very good anyways coz the books
    were so biggg and it made it ubbber hard to flap the lid down on the copier coz didnt them old
    copiers the lid had to be closed or something..??...-huh

hahaha i rememeber when i was young it was when the encyclopedias hit cd version so most people
    were throwing their collections away my baba bought a whole set for like ubbber cheap for us
    to use...and no-one at home even used/touched it aside from him....and we've only just got rid
    of them....finally...(our house is full or fubbish deff. traditional chin house)..>.<

anddd yeshh we should all have phd's coz they are so cheap to do -____-"
    you dont need to envy them...ya could just sign yourself up and get ya own phd...!!..lets see
    your older and (supposedly) more wiser right..?..haha..j/k....plus now you'll be able to pay for
    your fees and not get somebody else to fund your studies...sounds like a plan huh...

6. subzor

subzor Well-Known Member

thanks, but all of those seems outdated :(

7. hkconfused

hkconfused Active Member

Not scientific or anything but when I went to S. Korea I wasn't that impressed with the outskirts of the airport, but Seoul proper is like any other asian city

8. hkconfused

hkconfused Active Member

BTW, there were also lots of closed shops last time I went b/c of the downturn in the economy. Korean currency also isn't doing that well right now. Some people say the Korean govt is close to being bankrupt

9. rdm

rdm Well-Known Member

that's some really good info on one site. thanks for that.. saves me searching all over the place.