Korean dislike African American

Discussion in 'Korean Chat' started by s0uljae, Sep 16, 2008.

1. s0uljae

s0uljae Well-Known Member

many koreans dislike African american b.c. during the l.a. riot. koreans business got robbed by them

2. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

LOL... So if this were a simple mathematical equation; then all any Korean would have to do to stop himself from getting robbed is to not open any more businesses, right? But sometimes, seemingly logical things don't make any real sense at all. -huh

3. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

that is jsut BS

4. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

WhatDUFF? No way. I think Koreans like blacks more than any other asians other than filipinos. Y? Look at their music, dance, and entertainment circle......doesnt it look familiar?............

But as for me, i hate blacks. Because i go wayy back wit them in HS.

5. ralphrepo

You went to HS with Nelson Mandela? Wow...

6. @OP - hmmm lol
    ^^ - whats HS

7. HS = High School.....

and hey im sure a lot more businesses run by other races were robbed during those riots....

8. ralphrepo

Yeah, that's true. But someone who is totally ethnocentric usually remains blind to that, and they tend to get excited over things that others perceive as neutral. :xd:

9. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

for the record... Koreans are very good business people, they're particularly good at entrepreneurialship... and for many, little corner stores, laundromats, etc... were established in primarily black neighborhoods in LA... so it's not a coincidence that one may find that "many" Korean establishments were robbed during the LA riots...

10. this would be very untrue in korea but im not sure about america which i still highly doubt as
    koreans are very into the r&b/hip hop culture, if it isn't their own they love american stuff and model their pop stars and entertainment on it.

11. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

Is this suppose to be a question that i can answer or ur just being an asshole?

12. ralphrepo

LOL... based on your all encompassing statement of:

It was my tongue in cheek way of pointing out that you couldn't possibly hate all blacks. I find that people who negatively generalize about races usually have had some personal negative events in their lives (eg. your HS experience, the Koreans robbed during the riots, etc.) that then colors (no pun intended :laugh: ) their view overall. I too, have personally had some foul run ins with people of African descent; however, I'm also aware that the marginal behaviors exhibited by those select few unpleasant miscreant bastards doesn't represent the potential of an entire race.

So, am I being an Asshole? More of a smart ass, maybe, LOL...

But, does it really matter? Not really; you made your point and I did mine. Ultimately, how you choose to live your life and what you choose to think about others is obviously your own business. However, you certainly can't blame others for taking satirical digs at your somewhat racist public pronouncement. I would do the same if anyone came out with a blanket statement of "I hate Asians..." (or whatever) because racism is just that; racism. Sometimes we conveniently forget when the shoe is on the other foot; I just like to remind people that our feet can stink too ;)

#12 ralphrepo, Sep 18, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  13. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

obviously i have something personal wit them....that's y i made my point. ur rite, i probably didnt make myself clear. i couldnt hate all blacks, because some of my boys r black. But in my perspective, most blacks r the wayy that society see them as....need me to mention wat? na, i dont think so... u probably get the idea of it already.

But the thing that bumped me is ur comment from before. Is it because u hate pplz who're racist? Is it that it's just ur personality and this is how u start a fight over the net? I meant even tho if u wanted to pick a fight, i already lost....because, i'm probably one of the few asian that cant really talk shit back because i really suk at talking back. but my point is that i really hated dudes that i dunno and goes sarcastically wit words and especially i cant do anything about it. I dunno...that is jsut me. It just tick me off. To me, it felt like an arrow that pierced through my body. But i would really appreciate it if u dont use those comments on me again and that, assuming i dunno u.... .............i felt like a bitch over the net.

But anyways, Thank you for ur enlightenment. I really feel enlighten now........ah.................

14. ralphrepo

Dude, if I offended you, I sincerely apologize; as it was never my intention. My satire or tongue in cheek comments is just my way of lightly pointing out stuff that, people in the midst of their own angst, may not realize that others may be seeing. Further, this isn't about winning or losing; but rather about trying to get people to get along. And yeah, I've had racial shit happen to me that I ain't happy with, but I've learn (after a very long time) to separate the personal emotions because of the intellectual necessity. I do this simply because I've come to realize that the shoe does sometimes go onto the other foot. And in the interest of racial harmony, we as humans need to recognize the need to do the greater good. Sure, not everyone feels this way; but like they say, it starts with the man in the mirror. It's one thing to expect other races to respect us; so shouldn't we owe others the same respect that we expect? In a nutshell, we have to be able to walk our talk.

I may still be angry about events in my personal history, but I force my own conduct to reflect the manner with which I myself, want to be treated. The simple analysis is, do unto others, et cetera, et cetera... That was my motivation for the comments in this thread. -unsure

But again, if you found my off color humor offensive, I'm sorry; that wasn't my intention at all... obviously, I'm not nearly eloquent as I'd like to be... :spank:

15. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

right on for straightening this out you two. (and not letting it turn into something else)

16. wysandman

wysandman Well-Known Member

I hate Black ppl, cause their annoying.

17. ralphrepo

LOL... Here we go again <groan> <_<

18. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

freedom of expression at its best.

19. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

i had a fight with a chinese kid at primary school... n yeah now... i hate chinese ppl!
    oh well not all of em....n yea not personally cuz i dont know em all and yeah my parents are chinese n yeah i cant hate my parents....

ehm... yeah... i sound like someone dont i?

-noclue

-innocent

20. ralphrepo

lol... -^_^